• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

[COVID-19] is much more than an [inconvenience]

I saw the I saw the director of the CDC on television a few days ago and he was talking about the dangers of COVID-19. A reporter asked him specifically what the dangers were to the obese. He stressed that this was an important consideration because the obese are considered a particularly vulnerable population. Because COVID-19 affects a person's ability to breathe, any fat layers or and any other obstructions that occur with something like apnea or asthma can cause death.

Although the people who have been surgically displaced by this disease are justifiably upset, I would like to suggest that you consider how lucky you are that some unscrupulous doctor isn't putting you into a life-threatening situation by performing surgery on you in a place where you could contracted a deadly virus.

COVID is no joke. I have been having cold symptoms and an upper respiratory infection since the 19th of March. I have seen my doctor 5 times. I can barely breathe. And I don't even have COVID-19. I do have a virus. This would just be one of the problems I had if I had COVID-19. Considering how profound the effect has been on me I can really understand why people are dying from this. If I had all the symptoms of COVID-19, I would be dead by now. I can't tell you how shity I feel. I can barely breathe, I am weak as a kitten oh, and I am full of sputum from my head to the bottom of my lungs. My doctor even gave me a course of antibiotics, just in case

I am going to see my doctor today or tomorrow for a spirometry test for COPD and emphysema and to be swabbed for COVID-19.

BTW, I haven't smoked a cigarette for more than a week. I decided even smoking one cigarette a day wasn't worth the risk in this environment.

Screenshot_20200608-110250.png

I am so sorry to hear of your breathing troubles. I do hope they are remedied sooner rather than later.

Since I've moved to Arizona from Washington ( west & east ) I've not been as bothered by the breathing troubles. Not only was it the moisture but the mold.

Back