• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

CPAP after surgery?

For those of you who have had your surgery and use a CPAP, I'm wondering if you were able to be released from the monster? I really would love to leave it behind once I lose my weight!!! PLEASE tell me it can go bye bye???? :)

J

I ,have an appointment in May for a sleep study to see if I still have to use mine. I'll let you know how it goes.

My surgeon told me to call my sleep medicine doctor 1 year after surgery to schedule an appointment. It will be up to the sleep medicine doctor at that time to determine if a sleep study should be scheduled to determine if I still need to use my CPAP. Since I need to visit my sleep doctor every 12 months in order to get a prescription for supplies I will be seeing him well before my 12 month post surgical visit. Although I think it will be too early at that point to have another sleep done at leat I will have an idea of when it will be scheduled. I will post the results of my visit at that time. It will probably be in October 2012.

I stopped using mine after about the 50 lb mark....disgusting masks!!!! Am confident you will have the same result.

Back