• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cruise Booked But How About Alcohol???

My husband and I have booked an 8-day cruise. We normally would have one to two mixed drinks each day. My beverage of choice has always been Vodka tonics. I know I no longer can have them (if for no other reason) due to the carbonation. Do any of you know of any kind of drink that I could drink safety? Thanks.

Scotch and water But remember you will get drunk on one drink according to my Dr. He actually said WAY Drunk. Sounds like the both of you will have a blast. Hugs Carla P.S. Check with your DR. to make sure.

Thanks so much for the information. I've got to talk to my Nutritionist today, so I'll ask her about booze. It sounds like Scotch and water will work fine. I'll still miss my Vodka tonic's, though.

A cruise now that just what I need. lol. The two of you enjoy it. The drinks flow pretty easy there. I also was told no drinking. So I can't begin to help you on that cause I always drink frozen drinks full of sugar so, I would not know. Have fun and enjoy yourself. I would love to go on one again. Who knows maybe I will eventually. Where are you heading for? I went to the carribean and love it. :D. Of course I need to start dating again someday lol. But thats on my list. I have of a life I am gettiing back.
Hugs,
Angie

Angie - You sound so enthusiastic, and I do hope you get to go on another cruise someday. It's been about 3 years since we've been on one. We purchased a new home a couple of years ago. All our money has been spent on projects around the home. It's done now, though, except a small bit of landscaping beside our garage. That can wait til next fall. I spoke with my Nutritionist yesterday. She says all alcoholic drinks are a "no-no" until I'm a year out. I can drink a virgin margurita (spelled wrong), virgin bloody mary, and 1 more virgin drink. I'd tell you the name of the last one, but my list is in my jewelry box in the bedroom where my husband is sleeping. I'd wake him up. It's been nice talking to you.

Thanks for bringing this up. We have an all-inclusive books for September and I was hoping to get a margarita or arnold palmer in by that time. Please update us after your nutritionist visit.

My nutritionist says no booze at all for the first year other than virgin drinks that contain less than 5 grams of sugar. Moderation is still the rule.

My husband and I have booked an 8-day cruise. We normally would have one to two mixed drinks each day. My beverage of choice has always been Vodka tonics. I know I no longer can have them (if for no other reason) due to the carbonation. Do any of you know of any kind of drink that I could drink safety? Thanks.
No on alcohol!

Back