• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Current struggles

Hello, all. As I have mentioned I am currently struggling with about 5 lbs. I set a range for myself of 158 to 163. That was where I was staying for about a year. When I would hit 163, I would track until I was back to 158. Now, I find myself working back to 163 instead. I know it doesn't sound awful, but as a person who has lost and gained a large amount of weight previously (twice) I know how easy 5 turns to 10, which turns to "How did I let this happen?!?"

I was 167 this morning. I am officially working to get back to 158, you're my witnesses lol
My current struggles are bad eating habits. Dave has been travelling for work A LOT, which leaves me cooking for me and my mom. She is still obese and is often like lets have popcorn/ Gyros/cheeseburgers. I am agreeing way to often. I cannot change her eating habits or his travel schedule. I can only change ME. And I've worked way to hard to get here to blow it on mediocre cheeseburgers lol Especially when there are so many other healthful food I enjoy more. So, I've put myself on blast!

TL:DR ... Need to lose 9 lbs starting now!!

I cannot change her eating habits or his travel schedule. I can only change ME. And I've worked way to hard to get here to blow it on mediocre cheeseburgers lol Especially when there are so many other healthful food I enjoy more. So, I've put myself on blast!
Missy, if anyone can do it, you can. I've been reading you for a couple of years now and am always so impressed with your strength and honesty. I got your back! Go girl!

Well let’s see .. I know it goes when cooking for people who are not on the same plan as you see yourself .. one thing I suggest is make sure you are full and eat before preparing their food that helps .. Also instead of popcorn can you try a healthier snack choice .. . Don’t beat yourself up but know you have support and possibly reaching out to a friend like a sponsor type helps keep one another on check lol hope that helps :)

Thanks for your responses. I am usually a meticulous planner/prepper. I have just allowed myself to become complacent. And I have quite a bit on my plate right now (no pin intended lol) , which I can, and do, use as a reason to slack off in other areas.
Why is self care always the first to go?!?

I did pretty good yesterday, even with Dave having surgery (gallbladder/hernia) and spending all day at the hospital. I know its about better choices, period. I'm not going back, ever, so I'm going to have to learn to eat responsibly, no matter what is going on.

Tracking every bite today, so I should be down a bit tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses. I am usually a meticulous planner/prepper. I have just allowed myself to become complacent. And I have quite a bit on my plate right now (no pin intended lol) , which I can, and do, use as a reason to slack off in other areas.
Why is self care always the first to go?!?

I did pretty good yesterday, even with Dave having surgery (gallbladder/hernia) and spending all day at the hospital. I know its about better choices, period. I'm not going back, ever, so I'm going to have to learn to eat responsibly, no matter what is going on.

Tracking every bite today, so I should be down a bit tomorrow!
Yay for you Missy. Rah rah sis boom bah!!! A little cheering up for you, our dear friend. Like everyone is telling you, you got this. Just take everything one day at a time and celebrate YOU!!! ❤❤

Back