• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Daily diet 3 weeks post

It must make it very difficult to eat anything that is not ground up very fine, I am glad the ground turkey is working out ok, that is very good thinking on your dentists part to wait to fit you with dentures, I never would have thought of the gums shrinking, on that note your feet may also shrink so don't go out and buy any new shoes yet LOL. I am supprised you are able to eat pasta it caused dumping for me:eek: so I just stay away from it, I may have two or three noodles from a pasta salad but no mare than that. :cool: Tom

there are many sugar free syrups available as well that you can add to shakes to change it up.. torani is one brand....teir website will tell you local stores to purchase or you can on line...my local store happened to sell them for less than 4 dollars apiece for 750 ml id you bought a certain amount....i got around 20 of them and didnt come close to buying all.....i still want the gingerbread and peppermint paddy and..... anyway...you can add these to the greek yogurt for different tastes and so you dont get extra sugar....i like the raspberry but they have sooooo many that are good ones...they are the syrups that you can add to coffee so there are many brands that have sugar free... just to change up the chakes is a good deal in itself..

I don't know where my first post went. I said I really like the idea of the sugerfree syrup in yogert, I can put it in my coffee too. Fresh fruit isn't around at a good price all year long so the syrup is a good idea. Thanks. As for pasta I can some times eat it but I need to really chew it or I get that real bad sick stomic pain and the sweats, so I don't eat it to often. Rice dose the same thing, I love both rice and pasta.

Hi Peggy, Pasta does the same thing to me I can have like one or two small pieces anymore than that and I get sick, but rice goes down fine. It is so weird how even though we have the same WLS we seem to react differently to some foods. I do ok with surgar free sweets but I do my best to stay away from the SF ice cream. :cool: Tom

I am 4 weeks out and have been on soft foods for a week and already tired of the options:) I usually eat an egg with fat free cheese and 1 slice of sliced very thin ham lunch meat for breakfast. Lunch low fat refried beans with low fat cheese, and dinner usually shrimp. and usually a string cheese for a snack. I hate fish so i won't eat that. I need to learn how to cook bean soup although I am sure its not the same without rice(not sure about others but I am not allowed rice)oh I also have tuna somtimes(only fish I will eat) I don't think I could eat another protein drink if I wanted so sick of them..
I probably am not getting in all my protein but I am so full all the time I can hardly eat what I am eating.................

So glad to find this thread. I am 5 weeks out and eating every day causes me so much stress. My taste buds have totally changed and what I do like gets hot or cold before I can finish it because I eat so slowly. I'm not big on shakes, the aftertaste does me in. I do like some protein bars, but the nutritionist says not to substitute too much with them. My other problem, my stomach feels like its churning and I use to associate that with hunger, now I have no idea and eating a protein does not help. Please keep adding your suggestions because I'm checking out some of your suggestions!

Hi Tina, I am 3 years out now from trh RnY but I do remember how it was the first few months. Keep trying different shakes there are so many to choose from. I like one called ChocoRite, it does not have that aftertaste that I wa sgetting from some of the otherones, there is another called unjury that comes flavoless and can be mixed with just about anything or it comes in different flavors.

I didn't have the sleeve but most of the time the churning with me was gas buildingt up but it can also be a bit of lactose intolorance. It can be a wonderful journey but the first 6 months is filled with new experiances and lots of changes physically and emotionally. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Butyba,

I am in the same situation as you. I feel like if I see any more protein shakes I am gonna barf. Nothing is good to me anymore. I am frustrated as well. I am blending all of my food to make it liquid and that just turns my stomach as well. I had surgery two weeks ago. This is a very hard battle for me. I am trying and want to do the right things but it is very hard for me. I am up moving around, getting my exercise but just can't and don't want food or the chalky, nasty vitamins...

hi I know where your coming from im three weeks post. im having a rough time also I cant get my protein down tierd of shakes.after surgery I got a bad infection its gone now I have the flu so right now im drinking water and taking my vitamins. ive had a rough start ive still lost 26 pounds cant wait to get well I need the protein and exercise and food sometime I feel like giving up some days I cry because I don't feel like im taking care of my family. usually im up at 4am have breakfast for my husband and dinner on the table when he gets home I feel he misses that and as crazy as it sounds I miss it to.my boys came back home from college with girlfriends and a child its a lot of work when you don't have energy.but I wont give up !

hi i just thought id share with you my own expierence....if your low on energy its because your not getting enough protein. i felt the same way till i went back on my protein shakes...if i need an extra boost i drink v-8's energy drink cans, 50 calories, energy and one serving of fruit and vegetable..love them.

At 3 wks out, I was allowed flakey fish, tuna and salmon and eggs. Also was allowed 2 crackers a meal (no soft bread) to spread the tuna etc. on. These foods are packed with high quality protein. Ive never had any problem with protein because I love fish, scrambled eggs and of course now Im almost 4 month post op so I can have any kind of meat... Just have to chew small bites thoroughly. Maybe your surgeon will allow you to start eating more variety of foods soon. Good Luck!

Back