• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 4 preop

Richard

I am in Day 4 of my 2 week preop diet. I feel tired a lot and seem to have a mild headache constantly. I am dropping about a pound a day which is nice. My diet is two meal with 4 oz of protein (meat or low fat dairy) and low carb veggies and two protein shakes (low carb, with 20 g protein). There are times when I have second thoughts, especially when I talk to people that have know people that gained the weight back, but I have to keep thinking about the reasons I am doing this and take it one day at a time.

Richard, you may be experiencing a low carb headache...I experienced the same on the beginning of my preop. Take some tylenol and drink plenty of water, it does eventually subside. I had my surgery about a month ago, stay on track, you are doing this to achieve better health in the long term and will be thankful you followed through! I have always been a carb lover prior to surgery, but am actually doing fine without bread or crackers. You can do this!!

I just finished my 3rd day of pre-op. Scheduled surgery March 7th. If anyone tries to say that I’m taking the easy way out by getting surgery is nuts. Probably hardest thing I’ve done. Dr changed my diet to have 2 shakes, lots of water and 4 oz protein and 2 cups veggies for dinner. I too am loosing 1 lb a day. I am looking at this as the first day of the rest of my life. Keep looking at the end result.

Back