• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

December Surgeries

Hi, I'm new here. I am 15 days out of surgery and feeling hungry. Did your Dr. have you on liquids for 3 weeks?
My plan is two weeks, but I go back to Dr tomorrow which is 11 days and I'm hoping the move me to the eggs ricotta, and cottage cheese, then I will be stuck on that for about 2 weeks

I go back to see Dr on Tuesday hoping he allows me to up it to soft food, my husband is trying to do his best not to eat to much in front of me, he wanted Chinese tonight, I kinda talked him out of it so he is stuck eating McDonald's lol, loving the smell of that
Are you ready for your appointment tomorrow? I know, stupid question.

My family is going out for dinner tonight. Since I'm still on the soft food diet, I'm not sure what I'll eat. If I can't find anything, I'll just wait to eat until I get back home I guess.

Are you ready for your appointment tomorrow? I know, stupid question.
I was so ready, and it worked out better than I thought, he is allowing me to eat string cheese and rotisserie chicken, yum that was not on my innial list, he said if I can get my 60 grams of protein I won't have to drink shakes, I had egg whites this morning with string cheese inside, not bad, the cheese didn't really melt though, but with only 3 tablespoons of boxed eggs it didn't take long to cook

I was so ready, and it worked out better than I thought, he is allowing me to eat string cheese and rotisserie chicken, yum that was not on my innial list, he said if I can get my 60 grams of protein I won't have to drink shakes, I had egg whites this morning with string cheese inside, not bad, the cheese didn't really melt though, but with only 3 tablespoons of boxed eggs it didn't take long to cook
Wow. You can eat better than me. Im jealous. Lol. That's great about the shakes. My doc requires them for the ret f my life. Still trying to find ones i can handle.

Did you find anything on the menu you could eat
We went to Cracker Barrel just so i could get a scrambled egg. I ate about 3/4 of the egg and got full. My daughter hadn't really been paying attention to how little i eat and she said "I could never do that. I like food too much." I told her so did I and tha is why I had to hav the surgery. Oh to be a skinny teen again!

We went to Cracker Barrel just so i could get a scrambled egg. I ate about 3/4 of the egg and got full. My daughter hadn't really been paying attention to how little i eat and she said "I could never do that. I like food too much." I told her so did I and tha is why I had to hav the surgery. Oh to be a skinny teen again!
I was never a skinny teen lol, but I'm glad you found something you could eat, I'm sure you enjoyed actually eating with your family

How is everyone doing with their weight loss. Mine has been slow, but due to some issues I've been unable to exercise. Hoping to start tomorrow if I can get rid of this migraine I have. Since 12/6, I've only lost 22.2 lbs.

Yeah the whole stomach area. It doesn't make any sense. The only relief I got was baby oil but this lasted only for a short time.

Back