• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Did my longest walk post-surgery today...

Cyxelsid

Well, my wife and I were up early helping my daughter pack up her cat for a move cross-country from So Cal to Minnesota. (Her cat has been living with us for 3 years, while my daughter was living with my ex.)

Anyway, we were up way earlier than normal on a Sunday, and I was a little depressed (mostly about my daughter moving so far away, but a little about losing the cat), so, we decided to hook up our three dogs and go for a walk.

Well... an hour and 3 miles round trip later, I had accumulated 7,000 steps, and it wasn't even 10 AM yet!

I have been slowly ramping up my activity level since my surgery on 1/22/20, and I have been averaging between 6,000 and 7,000 steps per day. Occassionally going as high as 9. One day I made 10,000 and I was wiped out for two days.

Now, I am up to 11,000 steps for the day, and still have things to do. I assume I will clear 13,000 when I get back from the grocery store. I am tired, but I feel pretty good overall. That's a victory!

Back