• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Diet changes week to week

nanapat

I had RNY 6 weeks ago, lost 53 lbs, feel great, lots of energy until I have to eat or drink. Everything makes me feel nauseated, even water. I eat a lot of shaved ice to get in fluids. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had RNY 6 weeks ago, lost 53 lbs, feel great, lots of energy until I have to eat or drink. Everything makes me feel nauseated, even water. I eat a lot of shaved ice to get in fluids. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi NanaPat! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

I had the nausea problem the first week after surgery, and then I had it when I had pancreatitis and gallbladder problems which started 5 months after bariatric surgery. Have you called your surgeon's office about your nausea? It's best to let them know when you're not feeling well. If you have been nauseated 6 weeks straight, that's not normal.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cheyenne

Thank you for the reply. My surgeon gave me some medication and said it would get better. I feel good except when I have to eat or drink. I go back to the doctor next week.

Thank you for the reply. My surgeon gave me some medication and said it would get better. I feel good except when I have to eat or drink. I go back to the doctor next week.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. Hope you feel better when eating and drinking soon!

Back