• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Diet Progression Guidelines? Anyone?

Hey, all. So, Judy shared this in another post and this is the first time I have seen anything like it. My nutritionist seems to think that 80g of protein and 64oz of water is the only guideline I need. I have explained that I certainly could eat more than I am, but because I am still losing, I think she believes my pouch is more restrictive than it is. Was anyone else given anything like the guidelines below? And would you share, if possible? I love the idea of guidelines, but these are not compatible with the early guidance I was given. Of course, I realize guidelines are just suggestions and you must find your own balance, but I'm just curious what if any long term guidelines people have received.

I should clarify that I came across that somewhere in another group and I found it helpful for me as I didn't get anything like that either. I was more looking for where my calories should be and if I was within the average. Personally I only count calories, protein and water intake. But I was curious as to the carbs. As I've mentioned before in another post I am trying harder and harder to eat less processed foods but I'm not perfect that's for sure. Like yesterday during our snowstorm, went off track but today I am back on. Anyway, I'd love to see more guidelines too.

Back