• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Disappointed

Kayleigh

I do my weekly weight check on Saturday mornings. When I jumped on the scale this morning, I found that my weight stayed exactly the same. This is the first week since I had surgery 6 months ago that I haven’t lost anything, not even .25 of a pound. I’ve been bummed about this all day today.

I do my weekly weight check on Saturday mornings. When I jumped on the scale this morning, I found that my weight stayed exactly the same. This is the first week since I had surgery 6 months ago that I haven’t lost anything, not even .25 of a pound. I’ve been bummed about this all day today.
I’m sorry you’re bummed, and it’s easy to say there are million reasons why this could be, but there really are. Hormones, water weight, added muscle, and your body adjusting to the weight loss so far are just a few. You should be proud of your loss so far, and be positive about how well you’ve been doing.

Last edited:
Actually it sounds like you've been doing quite well. A lot of us stall around 3 or 4 months out as our body adjusts. Please don't let it get you down. Make sure you are drinking your daily requirement of water and maybe even increase it to see if that helps. One thing we have to learn along this journey is patience.

Hi Kayleigh,

I also had surgery 6 months ago, and frequently will stall for a few weeks at a time. Just keep to the course - your body/metabolism has to readjust every so often. It WILL work!

It can be frustrating, but every day and week can vary quite a bit, especially now that you are several months out. Continue making good choices with food, hydration and exercise and you'll keep making progress. It's pace is destined to slow down, of course. Stay the course, you'll get to where you want to go!

Thank you Wazzucoug, Elidh, and Judy - I’ve struggled with my weight for years now, so I guess I’m a bit anxious. I haven’t been drinking as much water as I should so I bought frozen mixed berries today and added a few pieces to my water. I also went for a two mile walk this morning. I’ll have to see what next Saturday brings!

[/QU
New to the site. I had Gastric sleeve surgery 10/21/2020. I consider only pounds when I weigh. I choose to think that my body is just adjusting to the GREAT weight changes I have had already. Thinking of my stand still weights as catch up reevaluate times for myself. So far that has helped me and I'm only just beginning though.
Keep up the great work ! Best wishes.
jkrenewed

Back