• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Doubts

I'm trying, I went to regular Dr today for a checkup and I'm the same weight I was 2 weeks ago, I'm only eating about 400 calories a day ugh
How discouraging. I'm sorry. It sounds like your body is in starvation mode. It realizes you have cut down your calories, significantly, so it is holding on to everything it can. I went through that when I went on a starvation diet a couple of years ago. Are you exercising? Even walking can help. I was told by my surgeon that I MUST begin exercising or my weight loss would stall. I'm slowly adding a walk in to my days and I went from no loss one week to losing 6.4 lbs the next week. I hope that continues. Good luck to you.

Yes I w
How discouraging. I'm sorry. It sounds like your body is in starvation mode. It realizes you have cut down your calories, significantly, so it is holding on to everything it can. I went through that when I went on a starvation diet a couple of years ago. Are you exercising? Even walking can help. I was told by my surgeon that I MUST begin exercising or my weight loss would stall. I'm slowly adding a walk in to my days and I went from no loss one week to losing 6.4 lbs the next week. I hope that continues. Good luck to you.
OK 5 days a week for a half hour, so it is not that, but I'm not giving up, it was a long road to this point in my life, actually my whole life, so to give up now would be silly, I just have to get those thoughts out of my head and keep going thanks

I'm trying, I went to regular Dr today for a checkup and I'm the same weight I was 2 weeks ago, I'm only eating about 400 calories a day ugh
You got his Tracy, Stay positive and motivated. Could have built some muscle so it didn't show a change... Remember your striving for a healthier and happier life... You are a strong women you can accomplish anything... We believe in you, if you need to lean on us do it.. That's what we're here for to help and get help when we need it... You have done good so far keep it up.

Today was my surgery. It went very well
Great, I'm so happy for you, don't ever get discouraged, I let it get the best of me for a bit, but everyone on here have had many kind words to say and I won't give up, I will someday be the new me, i just need to stay off that darn scale, my husband really needs to hide it from me, I tried staying off it but it just sucks me in, although it is better than food sucking me in, it won't happen in a month, I know that now, but it will happen

Great, I'm so happy for you, don't ever get discouraged, I let it get the best of me for a bit, but everyone on here have had many kind words to say and I won't give up, I will someday be the new me, i just need to stay off that darn scale, my husband really needs to hide it from me, I tried staying off it but it just sucks me in, although it is better than food sucking me in, it won't happen in a month, I know that now, but it will happen

You're right everyone is so nice and honest. My surgery was this morning. I am doing real good. I do have problems giving blood. After two nurses poking around they called in a bloom team to. They gave me a shot to numb the area. After the shots I could not feel anything. I have never had anyone do tha

You're right everyone is so nice and honest. My surgery was this morning. I am doing real good. I do have problems giving blood. After two nurses poking around they called in a bloom team to. They gave me a shot to numb the area. After the shots I could not feel anything. I have never had anyone do tha
They have issue with getting blood out of me too and they had a problem getting the IV in me also, so they called some other guy in to do it lol, I have never been numbed up first though

I'm definitely going to ask to be numbed again.i didn't get any pain it's a wonderful local shot. One day after surgery and I'm walking on I my own. My pain is low and I haven't had any dizzyness so far. Thanks for getting me thru the last couple of days before surgery. I was so nervous. I'm going home today I'm thinking of going to a food councilor to help me with finding other ways to deal with stress and boredom eating.

Last edited:
I am trying to walk more. I want to go outside and walk but the weather has been too cold. I do have a recumbent bike I need to start using. I was also told to start doing weights to strengthen my arms but not to do anything for my "core" yet. I am walking at work when I need a break from my computer.

I am trying to walk more. I want to go outside and walk but the weather has been too cold. I do have a recumbent bike I need to start using. I was also told to start doing weights to strengthen my arms but not to do anything for my "core" yet. I am walking at work when I need a break from my computer.
I bought some of those resistance band a walmart and use those works well....

Back