• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dr. Virginia Weaver at St. Francis Bariatric is the Best Surgeon around!

Honeybear96

I just had Y-en-Roux Gastric Bypass surgery on November 18, 2015. Dr. Virginia Weaver at St. Francis Bariatric was my surgeon. She said my surgery went perfect and she didn't even have to put in a drain. I was in ICU the first 24 hours after surgery just because I am a diabetic and she likes to take precautions so they check on you really often. I was up sitting in a chair by the next morning. After the 24 hours I was moved to a room and started walking the next day. My surgery was on a Wednesday and I was discharged on Saturday evening. After getting home I didn't use any pain medicine and only used the Phenergan for Nausea for 2 days. I started back to work on Monday December 7, 2015 (today is my first day back). I would recommend her to anyone. She brought the Laproscopic Gastric Bypass to Memphis in 1993 and became so overwhelmed with patients she brought in another Dr. Wegner. More Later.:D

I just had Y-en-Roux Gastric Bypass surgery on November 18, 2015. Dr. Virginia Weaver at St. Francis Bariatric was my surgeon. She said my surgery went perfect and she didn't even have to put in a drain. I was in ICU the first 24 hours after surgery just because I am a diabetic and she likes to take precautions so they check on you really often. I was up sitting in a chair by the next morning. After the 24 hours I was moved to a room and started walking the next day. My surgery was on a Wednesday and I was discharged on Saturday evening. After getting home I didn't use any pain medicine and only used the Phenergan for Nausea for 2 days. I started back to work on Monday December 7, 2015 (today is my first day back). I would recommend her to anyone. She brought the Laproscopic Gastric Bypass to Memphis in 1993 and became so overwhelmed with patients she brought in another Dr. Wegner. More Later.:D

So glad you are doing so well! Keep up the good work!!! I loved my bariatric doctor too. It's so great when you have a wonderful doctor!

Cheyenne

Dr. Weaver is going to be my Dr.

Back