• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dumping does exist

Christine Seese

Just got back from vacation. Had a wonderful time, but was quite sick due to my own fault. Ate and drank things I shouldn't have. Felt miserable, but kept doing it not thinking it was dumping syndrome. Now I can look back and realize it was exactly as it was described to me. Extreme nausea and diarrhea. I missed out on a few things and local foods I could eat, because I was stupid. Now I'm trying to get back on track. On the plus side, when I did feel good, I got lots of walking in. Interested to see what the scale says on Friday. I hope I didn't gain any weight.

Dumping is real. I can still manage to do things wrong on ocassion and find myself in a dump situation. I know how to avoid most of them now.

Know the warning signs and stop eating when you sense it. Don't keep going on.

For example, I can consume one slice of pizza now. But I need to have a slice that is well done, not too much oil. If there is too much oil, I will get sick even on one slice.

The other day I had my favorite one slice with meatballs. I usually do fine with one slice, but 1/2 through the slice I felt it going against me so I stopped.

Dumping is real. I can still manage to do things wrong on ocassion and find myself in a dump situation. I know how to avoid most of them now.

Know the warning signs and stop eating when you sense it. Don't keep going on.

For example, I can consume one slice of pizza now. But I need to have a slice that is well done, not too much oil. If there is too much oil, I will get sick even on one slice.

The other day I had my favorite one slice with meatballs. I usually do fine with one slice, but 1/2 through the slice I felt it going against me so I stopped.
My dumping was from sugar intake. I'm usually pretty good now at not over eating. I miss pizza.

If I eat something sweet my stomach hurts a little bit so I drink a bunch of water and that makes it all better, I don't normally eat much of them, but occasionally I'm bad

Just got back from vacation. Had a wonderful time, but was quite sick due to my own fault. Ate and drank things I shouldn't have. Felt miserable, but kept doing it not thinking it was dumping syndrome. Now I can look back and realize it was exactly as it was described to me. Extreme nausea and diarrhea. I missed out on a few things and local foods I could eat, because I was stupid. Now I'm trying to get back on track. On the plus side, when I did feel good, I got lots of walking in. Interested to see what the scale says on Friday. I hope I didn't gain any weight.
Because of all of the sugars I had over 2 weeks, I only lost 1# last Friday over that 2 weeks. No sugar this week, so hopefully the scale will show it.

If I eat something sweet my stomach hurts a little bit so I drink a bunch of water and that makes it all better, I don't normally eat much of them, but occasionally I'm bad
It's weird. I either feel fine or I get diarrhea. No in between. Taking a gamble when I have it. Don't know why I risk it. Can hit at really bad times. You'd think that would keep me away.

It's weird. I either feel fine or I get diarrhea. No in between. Taking a gamble when I have it. Don't know why I risk it. Can hit at really bad times. You'd think that would keep me away.
We both need to step it up, and stay away from things we shouldn't have, we can do it, and on a good note, I set my vacation up for August, just need the airline tickets woohoo

We both need to step it up, and stay away from things we shouldn't have, we can do it, and on a good note, I set my vacation up for August, just need the airline tickets woohoo
I'm doing much better this week; how about you? Where are you headed to in August? You are going to enjoy flying the skinnier skies. Lol

I'm going to Florida for a few days and then a few days in the Bahamas, can't wait and yes I can't wait to see what it feels like this year on the plane, I have been doing much better today, the scale went down a pound, one at a time is all I need to get through the day

I'm going to Florida for a few days and then a few days in the Bahamas, can't wait and yes I can't wait to see what it feels like this year on the plane, I have been doing much better today, the scale went down a pound, one at a time is all I need to get through the day
That sounds like a great trip. Watch out for the heat and humidity. Glad to hear the scale went down. I'll see where I stand tomorrow. Still struggling, but taking it day by day.

That sounds like a great trip. Watch out for the heat and humidity. Glad to hear the scale went down. I'll see where I stand tomorrow. Still struggling, but taking it day by day.
I had a not so great day yesterday, had to go to a bridal shower and had some dessert and then went to my dart banquet and had a piece of sugar free cake. Ugh but today is a new day, got on the treadmill to walk it off

I had a not so great day yesterday, had to go to a bridal shower and had some dessert and then went to my dart banquet and had a piece of sugar free cake. Ugh but today is a new day, got on the treadmill to walk it off
I won't get after you. You're beating yourself up enough. Great job getting on the treadmill!!! I can't wait to get moved so I can start walking regularly.

Thanks,
I won't get after you. You're beating yourself up enough. Great job getting on the treadmill!!! I can't wait to get moved so I can start walking regularly.
Thanks, but I deserve to get yelled at, I yell at you when you make the wrong choice even threatened to kick your butt lol, but on the bright side, I made great decision today

Thanks,

Thanks, but I deserve to get yelled at, I yell at you when you make the wrong choice even threatened to kick your butt lol, but on the bright side, I made great decision today
I'll catch you next time, hopefully won't be one, on the butt kicking. What kinds of things did you eat to make it a good decision day? I always like to get food ideas as I seem to eat the same things over and over again.

I had my usual eggwhite with Canadian bacon and a teaspoon of cheese, a strawberry,banna, blueberry smoothie, lunch was a chicken breast, and supper was a pack of pork jerky and cantelope, no extra, lol, I got up late yesterday so all my meals were shifted to a later time so I had to eat extra light for supper

What are you eating I could use a change too
I eat a heck of a lot of chicken. A lot of salads with ham in it for protein. I've really been on a pork kick, so Sunday I had boneless, lean pork ribs cut into extremely small bites. It was good and very filling. This week I'm trying a BBQ cheeseburger patty made with 95% lean ground beef. We will see if I do better with it. Finally we make a roast in the crock pot with green chili tomatoes. Gives it good flavor and keeps it moist. By the time it is done, it just falls apart. I end up with shredded beef. Easy to chew.

Back