• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

eating problems

Gail70

I find that i can eat sugar and it doesn't really bother me. I keep eating popcicles that have sugar and I eat a lot of them. I don't eat a lot of protein or anything else. It doesn't sit well on my stomach. Just the popcicles. I don't know what to do. If I stop eating the popcicles I won't be eating much of anything. It's like an addiction. Gail70

Hi Gail70, my name is Tom. Protien is really important. I remember my first 6 months I did not have much of an appitite so I used protien shakes and/or bars to supplament my protien intake, and that was after I swore off shakes forever after having to drink them for about a month straight. Try substituting surgar free popcicles and think about making an appoitment with your nutritionist if protien shakes or protien bars aren't setting well. I remember what it was like trying to get enough protien in my diet those first 6 months or so I had to write down everything to make sure I was getting enough protien. Good luck let us know how it goes. :cool: Tom

I can eat sugar also. I drink reg oj every day with no problem. I drink the special k protein shakes and eat a slice of liver every other day. this is my 5th week. I never had dumping syndrome.

have you tried FF greek yogert/cottage cheese or scrambled eggs? those are great sources of protein and I agree with Tom do the SF popsicles maybe try a smoothie with the FF greek yogurt and the SF popsicle.

Gail-The sponsor of this forum, Bariatric Food Source, has a lot of protein products available. You might be able to handle a fruit flavored cold protein beverage, protein tea, protein hot chocolate or cappuccino. Check out their product line and I'm sure you will find something. The only thing I found not to be palatable is their chicken bouillon but so far everything else has been delicious.

Back