• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Egg custard

Pat99

EGG CUSTARD

1 3/4 cups milk
Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar (I use 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend)
3 large eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg

In a 1 quart microwave-safe dish, heat the milk, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until hot (do not boil). With an electric mixer, beat in sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla. Pour into four to six ungreased 4-oz. microwave-safe custard cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 to 5-1/2 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

I'm glad you liked it. It's nice to have a dessert that's good for you and that has a fair amount of protein in it. I made some about an hour ago and just realized I forgot to add the vanilla *LOL*. I'm sure it will still be good. That's what I get for not reading recipes when I cook :)

I haven't seen a sugar free custard mix in the store for years. I think the last brand I remember making it was from Junket. I loved custard as a kid and haven't changed much. I would always order custard pie in a restaurant. I can't remember the last time I have seen it on a menu.

Back