• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Emotional Eating

I got mad at my husband for springing a very last minute request on me at 7:30 this morning. The "old me" would want to eat something as a coping mechanism. Now, I am just plain mad at the inconvenience and caught myself wanting to eat. I didn't emotionally eat and told him what an inconvenience his request was to my already overloaded day. I am proud of myself for speaking up for myself and not eating as a way of coping. He has been very supportive of my journey and has actually lost some weight himself. (He's 6ft and 275).

I just needed to vent and remind myself that I am in control of my emotions and that eating isn't going to solve anything.

I got mad at my husband for springing a very last minute request on me at 7:30 this morning. The "old me" would want to eat something as a coping mechanism. Now, I am just plain mad at the inconvenience and caught myself wanting to eat. I didn't emotionally eat and told him what an inconvenience his request was to my already overloaded day. I am proud of myself for speaking up for myself and not eating as a way of coping. He has been very supportive of my journey and has actually lost some weight himself. (He's 6ft and 275).

I just needed to vent and remind myself that I am in control of my emotions and that eating isn't going to solve anything.
That's such a victory! and you are brilliant for being able to work all this out in your logical brain. You just go ahead and vent anytime you need to. We're here to listen and support you, but it sounds like you could give us some pretty awesome support, too.

Back