• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Entering into Pureed Stage.

Johna

I will be able to begin stage 3 of the diet soon. I'm kinda at a lost of what to make and eat in this stage. The thought of pureed meat disgust me but I know I need my protein. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi,
I know some doctor's have different preferences for patients, but I was relieved when I got to pureed foods. I was sooooo sick of soup!! I actually didn't have to puree anything. I was allowed by my dietician to have scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, cheese, mashed potatoes, etc. As long as I could chew it into the right consistency, there was no need to blend it. I'm very fortunate that I have not found anything that I can't eat so far. Of course, I'm very careful to chew things well! Good luck!

How far out Jayhawkgirl when you were allowed by your doctors to eat the foods listed above?

I had the liquid for two weeks post surgery and then started with the pureed (including the foods I listed that the dietician told me I could have) on Week 3. The amounts are small, of course, but I was glad for the change of food! I'm 6 weeks out as of yesterday, and I have not found anything I can't eat right now. I am just careful to chew everything very well and to take my time and pay attention when I'm full.

Johna-The pureed stage is rough. I don't think any of us like the consistency of the food *LOL* I did the same thing that Jayhawk did but I checked with the nutritionist first. Another thing you might try are pureed baby foods. Others on this forum ate baby food and said it wasn't too bad, it's only for a short while. Just make sure you get your protein and fluids in.

Back