• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Every thing has come to a halt...

Alioop

Last tuesday evening I counted the days until surgery: 16. Later that evening my gastroenterologist called with news that the endoscopy I had as part of the requirement to have gastric bypass, is showing signs of cancer. My world has been turned upside down since.

To those of you who have Barretts esophagus...please consider what would happen once you have gastric bypass and then need a subsequent surgery on your esophagus. According to my Md...dealing with any dysplasia/cancer after gastric bypass would be most difficult.

If you have
read any of my other posts over the past few weeks you will see that at times I was a bit discouraged and impatient at having test after test..waiting for results..getting on the surgery schedule. Now in retroflection I am so grateful my surgeon made sure I had every test possible to make certain the gastric bypass was appropriate.

I wish all of you that are moving towards surgery great success, and, all of you who are post surgery an easy recovery with great strides towards your weight loss goals.

Last tuesday evening I counted the days until surgery: 16. Later that evening my gastroenterologist called with news that the endoscopy I had as part of the requirement to have gastric bypass, is showing signs of cancer. My world has been turned upside down since.

To those of you who have Barretts esophagus...please consider what would happen once you have gastric bypass and then need a subsequent surgery on your esophagus. According to my Md...dealing with any dysplasia/cancer after gastric bypass would be most difficult.

If you have
read any of my other posts over the past few weeks you will see that at times I was a bit discouraged and impatient at having test after test..waiting for results..getting on the surgery schedule. Now in retroflection I am so grateful my surgeon made sure I had every test possible to make certain the gastric bypass was appropriate.

I wish all of you that are moving towards surgery great success, and, all of you who are post surgery an easy recovery with great strides towards your weight loss goals.
I wish...sigh...I don't know what to say. Thank you for continuing to show support to the rest of us. I really am grateful for it. I will keep you in my prayers.

If you have

I appreciate your sharing your story. I wish for you nothing but success in all of your upcoming trials. :)

Back