• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

excited&new

dumplin

Hello everyone im really excited about my wl journey. Im in the begining phases of if all Ive started my nut classes already insurance requirements told me 6mths but my surgens med cord told me 7 today she also told me that I have to have at least one support group meeting im trying so hard to find one locally so I wont hv to travel bailtomore md to attend one at bayview at night beining I live 3.5 hrs away.. other than that im half way there I will meet with my doctor for the first time on jan 28,2014 ..the surgury that I feel thats best for me is the gastric sleeve ive read alot about the sleeve and the lapband and decided beging sleeved was best any advise iz welcome

Dumplin, congrats and welcome to the board. The next months will go by very quickly and your surgery date will be here before you know it. Spend your time asking all kinds of questions, reading and absorbing as much as possible. Also, begin to look at changing your habits, because after surgery you'll have to. Better to get a head start. Remember above all else that WLS is just a tool to help you, you are still going to have to work at it and work hard. The great thing is that your results will show quicker than on a conventional weight loss program. You'll get out of this what you put into it. Follow the plan provided by the Nut and Doc and I guarantee that you will lose the weight, change your habits and you will keep it off. Finally, do not compare your progress with others, everyone loses at a different rate, just follow the plan. Keep coming back with questions and concerns, we're here for you.

Frank

:cool:

Frank gives such great advice.

Be positive. This is a life changing event for you.

Find a support group and attend it. Even for all the time you are pre-op.

Ralph

congrats!! I just started my WL journey as well. my first appt. is next Friday with surgeon and bariatric coordinator. Then I see the nutrionist starting on the 6 of Jan for the next 4 months since Tricare requires 16wks of a documented weight loss program. They wouldn't accept my years of weight struggles with my past few doctors.

You'll love this site. I've been reading different things here since Dec. 20th and it's very informative. I was advised the sleeve by the coordinator when she called me to start the process just because of the lap band was being phased out. They've had a history of patients having to return for one of the other two procedures. I'm glad she told me to look into the sleeve. So far I am happy with what I've been reading and happy with my choice.

Good luck with the next few months. I'll have to look around here for your progress!

Hello everyone im really excited about my wl journey. Im in the begining phases of if all Ive started my nut classes already insurance requirements told me 6mths but my surgens med cord told me 7 today she also told me that I have to have at least one support group meeting im trying so hard to find one locally so I wont hv to travel bailtomore md to attend one at bayview at night beining I live 3.5 hrs away.. other than that im half way there I will meet with my doctor for the first time on jan 28,2014 ..the surgury that I feel thats best for me is the gastric sleeve ive read alot about the sleeve and the lapband and decided beging sleeved was best any advise iz welcome

Hi Dumplin, WELCOME to the forum!!! :) You will find many great friends here.

Thanks and good luck on your wls journey also! Before I decide to hv this surgery I witnessed the results threw a lady that I worked with and she looks great she had her surgery this past July. It took a great deal of thought and weighing the pro's and the con's of it all..I believe I made the perfect choice. like you I also looked at different sights to that encouraged me try to look at this sight to its obesity help.com the foreums are informational also.

Back