• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Extreme gas

Does anyone else have problems with extreme gas??? What do u take for it? Gas x does not work for me.
Hi April- How long ago did you have your surgery? Doctors pump the body cavity with air so they can operate easier. That takes a while to resolve after the operation. Do you drink anything carbonated, or drink with a straw? That causes gas. Do you swallow your food quickly without chewing well? Do you gulp your liquids? I take 2 Gas-X. That does work for me, but it is slow to work. If you are following all the doctor's instructions and this is still a problem, I recommend going back to the doctor.

Does anyone else have problems with extreme gas??? What do u take for it? Gas x does not work for me.
Lactose intolerance. Happens to after surgery. Cheese is usually the smelliest cause. Milk and ice cream bloat me hugely. But it "passes" quickly. Cheese can last hours.
Start watching what you eat and see when gas shows up. What did you eat in the last few hours?
Hope it gives you a place to start. After that it's like everything else we eat, is it going to be worth the consequences.

Back