• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Eye sight issues

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
Just a question, Has any one had issues with their eye sight after surgery? Seems or at least I noticed my eye sight has deminished... Have to wear reading glasses to see things. Went to the eye doctor and I now have bifocals.... forgot to ask him if the surgery could have anything to do with it... my blood work is good plenty of protien. Let me know thanks

Just a question, Has any one had issues with their eye sight after surgery? Seems or at least I noticed my eye sight has deminished... Have to wear reading glasses to see things. Went to the eye doctor and I now have bifocals.... forgot to ask him if the surgery could have anything to do with it... my blood work is good plenty of protien. Let me know thanks
I had problems with my eye sight immediately after surgery. I couldn't read anything, and it was worse when I wore glasses. I spent the two days in hospital walking around without the glasses to see where I was going. After a few days my vision was normal for me again, and I was able to wear the glasses again. I haven't had a problem since. It was so weird though

anything is possible, we really changed our eating habits

I have noticed that some pain medications will blur your eyesight. My vision was blurry while I was on my post surgery meds but this cleared up within a day or two of stopping the meds.

I had problems with my eye sight immediately after surgery. I couldn't read anything, and it was worse when I wore glasses. I spent the two days in hospital walking around without the glasses to see where I was going. After a few days my vision was normal for me again, and I was able to wear the glasses again. I haven't had a problem since. It was so weird though

Stephen, which meds did u stop taking to notice your vision getting better? I'm 11 days post-op and just today my vision got blurry.

Back