• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Facebook Support Group

NewMee

Just another idea you might be interested in which I found in my book I'm reading. The same author who wrote Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies has a facebook page called WLS Private(it's a closed group and the icon shows the author and her book). You have to ask to join but it's approved within 24 hours. It's another great support system I've seen so far if you're interested in branching out your support system even more! :)

Thanks for the info, I just started a local FB support group for Wichita Ks. area, It seems that the WLS option is still though of as taboo and there is few people thinking about it much less talking about it. But for some of us, "Like myself" When I first met someone that had had it done and when I learned that this 150 pound person was over 300 pounds just a year earlier. My jaw dropped. To think I may not have to die from the affects of obesity and avoid diabetes . With my approaching age it was a no brainier what I needed to do after that and some online research. The issue I have run into is that the local hospitals only offer two types of surgeries. And no one around here even knows there are newer surgery options just 100 miles away. So.... I'm lucky to have found this site and to post the local group I have just started on FB. ,,,,,,,Wichita Surgical Weight Loss Group..

Back