• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Family History/Genealogy and Cooking.

Letrell

I'm a freak, I know. My favorite pasttime is working on family history/genealogy. I have been working on a certification for 4 years, just don't have the time to finish the studying and take the dang tests.

My first priority is my own family history. I have us back to the year 165AD on one side, all the others are into the 1500's and 1600's.

I help others out with doing research from time-to-time. That's enjoyable. I also volunteer on a website www.findagrave.com. I am a photographer. When someone has a headstone they want a picture of, they post it on the site and those of us who have volunteered to go take photos will get emails and off we go to the cemetery to find the person and preserve their names in history! It's so cool.

I also love to coooooook. I'm a wannabe chef. Having the surgery has pushed me beyond my norm with learning how to cook. I love it. I hate cleaning up the messes, but alas, that is part of it. Would I ever work in a public kitchen? Dunno. Don't think so though. Too much stress and too many egos to deal with. I'm a very low-key, non-drama lady. Keep it clean. Keep it simple...I am happy.

Take care!

Letrell

Letrell,

I started doing ancestry.com around Christmas 2011 - it's really interesting and amazing what you can find. When I get my life together better, I'd like to volunteer to take pics and do data entry to help others as well. I doing a tree for my family & my husband's family. Interestingly, he's related to Davy Crockett - no kidding!!

Cooking - I'm starting to get more creative & as I'm able to eat more variety and more "normal" textured type of foods, I think I'm going to really enjoy cooking again. I love to watch the cooking shows; it gives me ideas & inspires me to try new types of foods and preparations.

Ironically I'm starting to find recipes of things I'll be able to eat that seem really delicious and would also be great for others, too. It's a good thing for me to have something I can bring to potlucks that I can eat & others may, too. If you don't think there may not be anything you can have, then bring it yourself!

I've also found a number of bariatric friendly recipes on Pinterest, too - you may want to check it out?!

Back