• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Farewell Feast

ascooke63

Who else is nearing Liquid diet time and wants to eat all your favorites for what you feel like is the last time ever?:eek: Did you? or did you stick to a sensible diet? If you did do you thin k it made the liquid diet any hardred to get through?

Ascooke-I think the best way to approach this is to eat whatever you feel like eating right now knowing that after surgery you really won't want to eat anything for a while. Also know that eventually you will be able to eat very small amounts (tastes) of almost anything once in a while. You will just have to avoid foods that are high in fat, sugars and high in carb content. The liquid diet WILL be hard to get through at times but you will succeed because you want to have the surgery more than anything right now and we are all here to help you get through this.

Ascooke, for me, I ate what I wanted up to the start of my pre-op liver diet. I was careful not go overeat, no seconds and as little sweets and desserts as I could. In my first week of the LD, I had one meal a day and had no sweets or desserts at all. When I went on all liquid before surgery, it wasn't difficult for me.

Well my diabetes is already gone. I am very happy. I said I was going to go out and eat Broasted chicken with all that comes with it, but I didn't. I didn't have a hard time sticking to the pre diet. Since I am a newbie I will walk in the grocery store to get what ever, and I am always looking for fat free, sugar free stuff. Sometimes I look at chicken that is cooked and I want it really badly. I don't get it but boy would it taste good going down. Its the coming up that would hurt. Hope I never ever have dumping. One night the cat use the litter box and I smelledl it and got sick right away. It pasted pretty quickly but that was a 1st for me. So smell effect us. Have your feast if you wish, cause it will be different, but very doable. Good luck

I will have been on the protein-shake diet for a total of TEN weeks by the time my surgery comes up on 12/4. I did incredibly well for a month, really stuck to it and lost so much (I'm now down 52 lbs all on my own). However, these past two weeks have been an uphill battle. I'm "good" one day and "bad" the next so it's really just been maintaining for me. Yes, part of the problem is my farewell to fatty foods party I'm throwing. 10 weeks is just a long time to keep this pace up. I'm supposed to have 3 shakes a day and then only 320 calories of food or less, been rough going...I feel like the only one who ever had to do this liquid diet for so long!

Hi Dragonfly. You are doing a great job:D a ten week diet is difficut, it is something we have all done in the past and have been able to lose weight, the only difference this time is at the end of the ten weeks you get to have a bypass instead of going back to the old routien and gaining it all back plus some. So keep doing the best you can, you are almost there and doing great. :cool: Tom

Hey Dragonfly, I know it's tough but you're tougher. Just look at how far you've come already. You're doing great. Keep it up.

hello darkpoeticangel,
This is me2012 or michele whichever works. I had my surgery just 3days ago. Everything went great and i am doing fine at home. Sore and gasy but good as expected. From our messaging earlier we found out we have the same doctor and hospital. Still a trip to me being as though we are on the web. I had a very good experience at the hospital. They are were awesome and very nice and helpful. I cant remember was your surgery october? I hope your doing great and having a great weight loss. Take care and keep in touch Michele

dragonfly11,
Hello and hang in there. Sounds like your surgery is coming up fast. I just had mine done and believe me you wont feel like eating so live a little and don't be so hard on yourself. Nobody is perfect. I had the same diet for 2 weeks. Yes it was rought but in the end you know what you are doing it for. It is just food after all! I hope all goes well for you and have a good recovery and weight loss.
Michele

Michele, I love the words you used in dragonfly's note "It is just food after all!" It stopped me in my tracks. I wanted to cheat tonight with something, before I switch to the last part of my diet, which is 3 days of liquid. Then the Big Day. Thanks again, for that saying, I think it stick with me the rest of my life.

Dragonfly, I am being done a day earlier than you, starting the Protein drink diet Friday after Tgiving and then 9 days later surgery. Hope to do as well as some here who are doing so well post op. Cannot imagine not being hungry but...... There are some who have had the surgery that I know personally and they are all really glad they did the surgery so we will too. Where are you having the surgery done, Boston, NY, Maine or ?
Best of Luck and hang in, soon you too will be post op and writing to others coming up to their surgery!

Wow, I almost feel guilty and cheated at the same time because I don't have to do any special diet before surgery. Good luck to those of you who do though, hang in there,
you're almost there!

Every Bariatric Center does things a little differently so ther is no reason to feel guilty but I am sure you could start trying the different protien shakes out there just to test the different brands and flavors:rolleyes: Beilieve me don't feel cheated either the only thing you are missing out on is the loose and frequent bowel movements from the drastic change in diet:eek: Keep up the good work you will do fine. :cool: Tom

Back