• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling like surgery has failed me only one month out...

I also had no problems getting in my water or protein, changing food phases or keeping down foods. I was not excessively hungry and am sorry for you because that sucks. I had a coworker tell me she still has to drink protein shakes 2 years out because she can't eat enough to get her protein in. I ate an entire cup of turkey chili for dinner last night. I'm 3 months post-op. My surgeon said some people never have problems and I should consider myself lucky. My nutritionist said I should keep measuring and tracking my food, just to make sure I don't overeat. BUT .. have you tried to eat an 8 oz steak? Because you could not. (I think I annoy her lol) So, try to stay calm. Definitely drink more water if you are not getting your 64 oz. (at least) in. And keep in mind that 2 oz. of soft food is going to be much less filling and easier on your stomach than 2 oz of steak. I don't know if you have yet, but it might be time to try meals. 2 oz of chicken AND a few oz of veggies or beans. Refried beans are surprisingly filling and delicious with taco seasoned chicken with salsa in the slow cooker. That was my JAM during soft foods lol Your surgery wasn't a failure. It is definitely an adjustment. It will come together for you. It just takes a little time.

Back