• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

feels like a dream

mamabear

m

I so long to be one of the before and afters. As long as I can remember I always felt i had a healthy woman inside of me. But I would let food win and I would binge and eat crap food then feel like crap (exhausted, yucky, fatigued, worn down, nauseous ) I long for the day I use food for fuel and not comfort. You all are so inspiring and I'm praying I get approved for surgery and get to be an after and get to feel and see the healthy me that has always been hiding. I just hope this all becomes a reality. For some reason I fear I will be stuck in this hell with addiction to food forever.

m

I so long to be one of the before and afters. As long as I can remember I always felt i had a healthy woman inside of me. But I would let food win and I would binge and eat crap food then feel like crap (exhausted, yucky, fatigued, worn down, nauseous ) I long for the day I use food for fuel and not comfort. You all are so inspiring and I'm praying I get approved for surgery and get to be an after and get to feel and see the healthy me that has always been hiding. I just hope this all becomes a reality. For some reason I fear I will be stuck in this hell with addiction to food forever.
Do you have a favorite comfort food? I'm wondering if you can slow yourself down by just eating your one favorite then wean yourself as much as you can. I don't know what to suggest really. I hate to eat when I'm down and my body goes on starvation mode and stores the things I finally do eat. So I try to eat what I really really like but minimize the portion size. Emphasis on the word try.

That is good advice. I'm hoping that I can train my mind to not give into the cravings and hoping that if I stop all together I won't crave the sugar any more. It's a long battle but I know I can do it. I thought about doing the week long pre -op liquid diet to get all the crap out of my body to jump start new healthy lifestyle. Still do not have a surgery date set but I want to get weight down b4 surgery and start new lifestyle. I felt the liquid diet would be a good jump start

That is good advice. I'm hoping that I can train my mind to not give into the cravings and hoping that if I stop all together I won't crave the sugar any more. It's a long battle but I know I can do it. I thought about doing the week long pre -op liquid diet to get all the crap out of my body to jump start new healthy lifestyle. Still do not have a surgery date set but I want to get weight down b4 surgery and start new lifestyle. I felt the liquid diet would be a good jump start
I am glad you think it good advice cause I know it would be challenging but I like your self confidence. I will consider practicing the two week liquid diet myself. I like to drink thinges more than sit and chew. Thank you.

I am glad you think it good advice cause I know it would be challenging but I like your self confidence. I will consider practicing the two week liquid diet myself. I like to drink thinges more than sit and chew. Thank you.

I'm not so sure I would call it self confidence BUT I am on my way to that :)

Back