• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

fighting fatigue at the gym

jahugo

I've been going to the gym nearly every single day for the last 2 years, I've gotten to the point where I could walk/run on the treadmill for an hour easily. However, after being diagnosed with some cardiac condition and being stuck on new medications I'm finding it difficult to make 30 minutes now. Does anyone have any advise on how to fight fatigue so you can make an hour again? It's like my legs are telling me enough is enough even though I'm not breathing hard at all.

Hi Jahugo, Welcome. You've lost about 180 lbs thats great!! It sounds like the fatigue has coensided with your new medication and the medication is nessasary. I can only suggest you talk with your doctors and discuss with them the unwanted side effects and see if there is something else on the market that will do the same thing without the fatigue. In the meantime try seperating your workout rotriene so you can get the same amount of physical activity without feeling like you are beating yourself up. Hang in there and let us know how it is going. :cool: Tom

Hello Jahugo, there's a Crystal light drink that provides a zing of energy and also fresh squeeze limes with mint can help you feel refresh. Best wishes

Back