• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finally a Surgery Date, Yippie!

Nisey

I finally got my Surgery date, it's June 24, 2015. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. It's what I want though. I've been working so hard for this day to come. I see my Doctor and Nutritionist this Friday June 5th then on June 10th I start a liquid diet for 2 weeks. Wish me luck with that, lol. I am so happy it's finally almost here. I seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Yay!!!

I finally got my Surgery date, it's June 24, 2015. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. It's what I want though. I've been working so hard for this day to come. I see my Doctor and Nutritionist this Friday June 5th then on June 10th I start a liquid diet for 2 weeks. Wish me luck with that, lol. I am so happy it's finally almost here. I seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Yay!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Nisey!!! The time will go by in a snap! I'm so very happy for you!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Cheyenne :cool:

Dmk_129, hi there, congratulations on getting a surgery date. I'm getting a little nervous. Funny thing, you would think I was pregnant around my house, I'm nesting, lol getting things ready for after my surgery, lol buying supplies, cleaning out cupboards, etc. lol. I just stocked up on protein shakes and Protein powder to start my liquid diet on Wednesday. I'm nervous about that. Best of luck to you on you surgery. Keep us posted. :)

Nisey==you are such a nice lady!! I am glad we will be surgery buddies together!! Yours is the day after mine! I will be thinking of you and hoping you are doing good. You have been preparing for this for a long time. I kind of had a crash course! Found out my surgery was approved 5-27-2015. Then last week saw the dietician for my preop and bought all my postop food aand food for the 2 week prep diet which I started TODAY! Wow. Only 2 weeks to go for both of us! I hope yours goes good and I hope we are both feeling better soon. Ha Ha. Nesting. Thats funny! I am having 4th of July picnic at my house with about 60 people. I guess if I cant eat--I hope I can cook!! I have 4th of July at my house every year. Surgery just happened to be during my vacation. Hope we are on the mend soon!

Dee

Hi dmk_129, Boy, you have a lot going on. I plan on just healing for awhile. Cooking for 60 people, whoa, you are really brave to do that so soon after surgery. Don't do too much. Please try and have help with all of the cooking and clean up. It's really hard having surgery during the summer because there is so much to do. Oh well, I guess in order to make our lives better we have to go through this, right? as soon as I'm healed enough I'm joining the gym. I'm going to wait for the Doctor's okay for me to do that. I start my liquid diet on Wednesday. I'm scared. My son-in-law told me he did protein shakes before and he was on the toilet the whole time. I guess that's why we lose so much weight before surgery. :)

Hi dmk_129, sorry to end on that note, lol anyway. Do we stay overnight or do they send us home the same day that we have the surgery? Im confused about that. The way my paper reads, it sounds like I come home that night of surgery. My surgery is at 8 am on th 24th. I don't know if I come home that same night or stay over one night and come home the next day. I guess it depends on how we do, right? Sorry to bombbarred you with questions. Talk to you later :)

Nisey=I started my 2 week preop diet on Monday. The foods I purchased at my doctors office dont seem to be too bad and I have had no untoward side effects. The taste of it all isnt too bad and I have even found a few things I really like! From what I know I believe we stay 1 night in the hospital. They want to monitor for nausea and pain and then we go home the next day. My surgery is at 8 am on 6-23-2015. Boy--that is coming up so soon for both of us!! I think we will both do great! It is both exciting and scary at the same time isnt it? I have 2 weeks off from work. I just took some of my vacation. Then I have that party on 4th of july. I guess if I cant eat--I can still cook!! I guess the focus will have to be on everyone else that day and maybe I wont feel what I am missing!

Dee

Back