1. American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
    Dismiss Notice

finally found a support group!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kelsey, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    08/09/17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi, all. I had my surgery in August and really struggled in the beginning. I've kept my surgery a secret for the most part, only people close in my life know about it.

In the beginning, I struggled a lot mentally with the surgery. Knowing that I couldn't use food/eating as my coping mechanism was really getting to me. I didn't realize how much I relied on food or eating to put me in a better mood or cheer me up when I was down. I couldn't eat the things that used to make me feel better, or I couldn't eat very much of them.

My taste buds and food interests have really changed since getting the surgery, but now I'm doing a lot better. I've found other ways to deal with my feelings when I'm upset that are much healthier than using eating as the source!

Because I've kept my surgery a secret, it's been hard finding a support group that I can be a part of without anyone knowing. I'm excited to finally be connected to people who have experienced or are experiencing the same things as me.

2. PAMELA WALLACE

PAMELA WALLACE Active Member

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    Uknown
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi my name is Pam and I'm new on here also,maybe we can be friends,I haven't had my surgery yet I have to lose some weight due to insurance but I think I'm getting the sleeve,I'm scared and happy and a little agitated to,seems so hard to lose these 17 pounds,but I'm not giving up.and congrats on your surgery hun,I can't wait for mine,I would feel better if I had a date.

3. Carolyn337

Carolyn337 Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    8/21/2017
    Start Weight:
    337lbs
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi. I just wanted to make sure you feel as welcome as I did when I first signed on. I began this weight journey in February. My surgery was in august as well. I told everyone I knew. Only one person said no, it's just water. I just gave her a look. The rest are very supportive cheerleaders. It's especially good though, to hear your weight loss team tell you youre doing good.

It's a pleasure to share my journey with all in this group. It's feels good to be able to just log on and babble. Thank you for joining and putting your trust in us.

PAMELA WALLACE likes this.
  4. PAMELA WALLACE

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    Uknown
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I can't seem to get to many people to talk to me but I'm glad that I do have few on here and I thankful for the ones I have I don't have family much,so I'm kinda a loner,but like to talk to people.

5. Carolyn337

Carolyn337 Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    8/21/2017
    Start Weight:
    337lbs
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Some people may be struggling with their situations and do not remember to share until theyve made it through. I am a good pretty sure I know how to at least listen. I will do my very best to hear you. It's a tough road to walk practically by yourself so feel free to message me.

PAMELA WALLACE likes this.
  6. PAMELA WALLACE

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    Uknown
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    thank you so much.

7. Tracy Lindenmuth

Tracy Lindenmuth Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Bariatric bypass
    Surgery Date:
    December 22, 2016
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:

8. Pixx

Pixx Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    6-19-17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Welcome Kelsey, glad to have you here. :)