• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finally, surgery in bout 2week

I was drinking premier shakes for lunch before I started my liquid diet,, make sure you eat the snacks they tell you to eat besides your shakes, I didn't the first couple of days and then ended up feeling really bad, my blood pressure was dropping, so then I started eating the snacks that were on my list of things I could eat and felt much better, I also called my Dr and he lowered my blood pressure meds, I'm sure that helped also, it is going to drag but it will all be worth it

The 17th is my final post OP appointment.
I will be wishing you well.
I hope you do as well as I have.
I had some thinly sliced sirloin steaks strips and a small roasted potato for dinner today.
Life is good.

Glad you are doing well. I'm being confident that everything goes well and I shed the weight. Congratulations on getting to you final appointment...

Keith how are you doing ? My surgery is also tomorrow. Super excited. The worse thing today was drinking that nasty bottle of Mag Citrate today. Good luck tomorrow.
Thanks but my surgery got delayed till the 14th, doc got really sick... want him healthy to do surgery on me.... I was discourged for a few days, but I am back on track and ready to roll..... As far as the mag citrate My doc doesn't require it, if it taste that bad I'm glad I don't.... LOL Hope all is well with you and congrats on the surgery....

Hello, thanks... But got delayed till Feb 14th. Doc got sick and needed to reschedule... Disappointing and a bit discourging. But all and all I would rather him be healthy doing the surgery...
Yes, a healthy doc is important. My surgery had to be rescheduled the day before as I had to get a stress test. Mine was postponed from 10/19 to 12/6, so at least you don't have to wait that long. Very discouraging though. Keep working on losing weight before surgery. That seems to have made my doc very happy.

LOL yes and my wife can feed me little bits of water. How romantic... LOL I will just need to pretend its grapes...

How are you all doing! My surgery is April 23, can't believe it's me we're talking about!! Getting the sleeve and I believe it's ok for me! I plan on losing 75 lbs,.

Back