• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finishing up the requirements

fuww57

Still no surgery date. I've don't most of the evaluation (the first shrink I used turned out to be a weirdo and had a hidden agenda of wanting me to remain a patient so I fired his a##). Tonight I went to a support group at my hospital. Its' the first chance I got to meet other weight loss surgery patients and it was a very enlightening and pleasant experience. Everyone who went through the surgery said that it was the best thing they could have done. I also found out at my 2nd nutritionist appointment that I took off 9 pounds. We are not required to lose weight before surgery but it is encouraged so that the surgery will go smoothly, so I was happy about that. I'm also trying to get my place in order before surgery, especially to make sure the kitchen has everything I will need for preparations.

Hi Fuww57, and welcome to a great board. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. We will discuss anything without passing judgement on you. We are here to help, so don't be bashful.

Frank

:cool:

Finally got my surgery date!

Okay, my surgeon's assistant who coordinates the insurance applications has all of the required evaluations and documents and is submitting them to the insurance company. She also gave me a surgery date of June 19 so I'm assuming with her vast experience she has determined that there shouldn't be any problems getting my insurance to approve the surgery. If they green light this then it means the entire process took 4 months which isn't so awful. Fingers crossed everyone that they okay it. In the meantime, the other good news is I had my 3rd visit with the nutritionist and it looks like I dropped 13 pounds since March (or 4 pounds in 2 weeks since my last visit) and that's without really making any effort other than becoming more active. My surgeon doesn't require pre-surgery weight loss but encourages it in order to shrink your liver so it's easier to perform the surgery. Apparently a large liver gets in the way. Who knew?!!!

Back