• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food aversions post op

First couple months post-op I had some instant indigestion with certain things like raw onions, pickles, strong coffee. That's long gone now.

My taste / preferences did not change that I'm aware of. Probably the only thing I'm eating now that I didn't before is sushi - but thats' attributed to my friend showing me how to drown out the nasty ocean rot flavor of seaweed by dipping in wasabi/soy mix.

Just regular dill pickles. I don’t eat the skin though because it’s too tough. Also, I never add salt to food any more and before I added a lot, so that‘s strange
I craved dill pickles so bad during my liquid phase that I'd chew some up and spit them out and/or drink some pickle juice!! Once I could eat them I'd snack on them often, although it's tapered off a little bit. You have to be a little careful with the sodium aspect, but dang I was craving them fiercely for a while, I think because sweet things became much sweeter tasting to me and I really wanted the exact opposite.

I didn't hate dill pickles before, but I never craved them like I did post-op! LOL

I craved dill pickles so bad during my liquid phase that I'd chew some up and spit them out and/or drink some pickle juice!! Once I could eat them I'd snack on them often, although it's tapered off a little bit. You have to be a little careful with the sodium aspect, but dang I was craving them fiercely for a while, I think because sweet things became much sweeter tasting to me and I really wanted the exact opposite.

I didn't hate dill pickles before, but I never craved them like I did post-op! LOL
Pickles sound tasty to me now too. Funny things is that I’m not craving sweets. Even with all the Halloween candy in the stores.

Back