• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food aversions

Is this something that just started or you had after surgery and just hasn't gotten better? Have you reached out to your medical team?
These are serious concerns. Do they affect your core target diet? Are they things you once loved?

When I was a kid, my mom made a huge batch of root beer. I went nuts and sneaked a bunch out to our clubhouse. I drank at least a gallon of it. You know how that story ended. Now I can't stand the very smell if it.

The same thing happened with grits. I still enjoy cornmeal & its various forms, but gag at the thought of grits.

Are you able to substitute a food for one you can't stand?

Welcome to the group an congrats on your enormous weight loss! Aside from food aversions, how ya doing?

These are serious concerns. Do they affect your core target diet? Are they things you once loved?

When I was a kid, my mom made a huge batch of root beer. I went nuts and sneaked a bunch out to our clubhouse. I drank at least a gallon of it. You know how that story ended. Now I can't stand the very smell if it.

The same thing happened with grits. I still enjoy cornmeal & its various forms, but gag at the thought of grits.
LOL about the root beer. Gee, why didn't that work for me when I would sneak a bunch of my mom's homemade Christmas cookies that she put away in the downstairs freezer until Christmas? :D I think most of us can link a food aversion to something we did to bring it on - usually from our youth. My husband's is carrots, his mother made him drink carrot juice all the time and he hated it. For me it is ginger ale, I associate it with puking when I was pregnant, LOL! And It did not help me at all!! But seriously though, Bus08dg probably brought it up because it is surgery related and that has me curious for more information. Please check back in with us Bus08dg!

Back