• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food suggestions - 3 weeks out - please!

Right now food and I HATE one another. I never thought that would happen. I simply cannot have another bite of cottage cheese, scrambled eggs or pureed soup. Ideas, anyone??? TY!

I found yoplait lowfat frozen on a stick! I also found corned beef hash! I pop it in my magic bullet high protein and it tastes so good! I am 3 1/2 weeks out

I am now on the next stage diet-I have made it through yogurt and cream soups and cottage cheese with no problem-I can have a little of refried beans with melted mozerella cheese on top. It is about going bit by bit to make sure my pouch doesn't get grouchy. :)

Carol

hi Carol F5
I love to eat refriend beans with string cheese melted on them and some garlic to give them a little flavor. easy way to get some protein too. let me know if you find some other good ways to get some more protein, can only eat so much egg, cottage cheese and so tired of yogurt too. trying now to make myself drink protein drinks again. I got bad and stopped drinking them and the pounds also stopped comming off so back to doing better for I want to reach my goal this year and I will.
hope your having a good day.
Donna

Yeah, I am 10 weeks out and I too get bored with things. I try something else. I do love refried beans with gas X lol. But soon you will get a expanded food list. Good luck hang in there

I am glad to be able to eat more than one or two pieces of something and be so full that I cannot eat or drink for hours. Last few days it is getting better, can eat more and drinking a little more and feeling thirsty which I had not felt since day of surgery. So I am getting better, I think I can progress to regular food but have not until I talk to the Nutritionist althoug have had pretzel crackers and light cream cheese or onion dip(low fat) also some Hummus. IT amazes me that it is taking this long to be able to drink a whole 20 oz bottle of Lifewater or such in a DAY. Forget 64 oz fluids, NEVER hit that. I am beig able to eat more things like Turkey Pepperoni with some cheese. Sliced deli low fat chicken, Light Jarlsbery Cheese (love it and it gave me some protein), cream cheese, pretzel crackers and bagel crackers to name a few things and yesterday, I got a 1/4 piece of Dunkin Donut bagel with cream cheese and I did fine amazingly. Tomorrow will test Tuna fish salad, but will check with the nutritionist, I want to eat regular salad!! I livevd on salads for a long time before surgery, my favorite meal with a big salad with some chicken breast or tuna. Why I was overweight is beyond me but since 1 week before surgery when I started the Protein drinks, I have lost 21.5 pounds in 6 weeks. Sometimes it would show I gained a pound or stayed the same but today it want down 3 pounds from 2 days ago. I was not that overweight at 5'3 and 210 pounds so they sound it will come off me slower. As long as it comes off!!! 125 here I come!

Back