• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Foods you eat to keep weight down?

Just wondering what foods some of my bariatric friends are eating to keep weight down. Any suggestion?
I barely eat in the first place but I think the green things that land on my plate play a major role. The rest might be about me keeping a balanced diet. I have yet to figure that part out.

I think I am in the same boat with Carolyn, I barely eat at all, most of my energy comes from protein coffee and protein shakes. I have either a greek yogurt or 1/2 cup cottage cheese or cheese stick daily, along with 1/2 an apple or 1/2 cup of applesauce daily. I explore the world of food once or twice a week when I get a day or two off so that if it doesn't go well, I don't spend my working hours feeling terrible. So far I've been okay with small amounts of grilled chicken, turkey bacon, chicken salad, tilapia, swordfish, shrimp, bell peppers, jalapenos, okra, watermelon, grapes, prunes, strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and raspberries. Makes for a quick shopping list so far! :p I wonder if you've found foods that absolutely don't work for you anymore? I think BBQ sauce is permanently off my food list, and that makes for a sad day in my world. :(

Wow, thanks guys. Truly, I am past the stage of not being able to eat. I do find like Pixx that Greek yogurt is a real go to. I also do protein shakes with mixed berries. Spinach, green beans, romaine lettuce are my vegetables of choice. Well I hope both of you will get to a place where you can feel better with your eating. I guess with the sleeve it is a little diffrent, not to many foods bother me.

Back