• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

For The Newbies and People who are just beginning their Journey

Linney

Welcome and Congratulations! I would like for you to check out my Weight-Loss Journey From Bariatric Surgery Video to encourage, inspire, and motivate you on this exciting new journey.

http://youtu.be/uMlhFecU7R4

There's light at the end of this tunnel. Move forward into the direction of success.

Linney xxoo

:cool:

Linney, it is great to see you back here. You have been my inspiration since I started this journey. Thank you for being an inspiration. I am completely impressed by the video, I could see the change, not only in the weight loss, but in your attitude.

Here is a picture of me before surgery and at about 250 lbs, I'm down another 40 lbs.
Before&After.jpg

Frank

Fantastic

That's excellent! You look excellent as well! I'm so happy for you that you've remained true to yourself and this magnificent journey! May you have the happiest year ahead of you and thank you for your warm and kind words.

Linney xxoo

P.S. I just posted another video, here's the link:
http://youtu.be/pZPrKBinWpk

Welcome and Congratulations! I would like for you to check out my Weight-Loss Journey From Bariatric Surgery Video to encourage, inspire, and motivate you on this exciting new journey.

There's light at the end of this tunnel. Move forward into the direction of success.

Linney xxoo

Wow Linney.. you have done wonderful!!! You look amazing!!

Did you have any plastic surgery for loose skin? I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it and hopefully my insurance will agree.

Cheyenne :)

Hi Linney, I watched all the videos and really needed to be reminded today that I can do it. Thanks so much for posting. An inspiration to anyone considering surgery or on the path. Long term success is the goal and we achieve it one day at a time. As you said we only have the now. Thanks again for sharing your success.

Linney xxoo

Wow!

Thank you.

What a wonderful transformation.

Kudoos to you for your success and commitment.

I hope to see the same results as I shrink and get back to my "boyish" figure from high school days.

I have looked at some of my wedding pictures and honeymoon when I weighed about 180 to 185.

I am expecting to get back down into the 180s. We will see.

Happy New Year,

Ralph

My arms are toned, and also my abdomen. I know we're all different, but I attribute it to my genetics. My thighs hang a bit, but I can live with that! I take in my protein after a workout and do a lot of strength training. Thank you for your feedback, and if you require surgery, your surgeon can evaluate and submit your case to the insurance company. Happy New Year!

Kim thank you! You as well have succeeded in your journey!!!! Kudos and a job well done! I will be posting a TV segment I've done with my surgeon, so stay tuned. Happy New Year! Linney

I'm glad you find that when you see what you were, that you can be that and better! I know I've personally went further than I've ever gone and exceeded my own expectations! Forge ahead! Happy New Year to you as well Ralph! Linney

My arms are toned, and also my abdomen. I know we're all different, but I attribute it to my genetics. My thighs hang a bit, but I can live with that! I take in my protein after a workout and do a lot of strength training. Thank you for your feedback, and if you require surgery, your surgeon can evaluate and submit your case to the insurance company. Happy New Year!

Thank you Linney.

That is interesting that you submitted to insurance company.

I guess some how you work up a medical reason as compared to simply cosmetic surgery, which is NOT covered.

Thanks,

I would like to know more about that when the time comes.

Also, you are in a neighboring state. I live on Long Island. If push comes to shove in a year or so from now I could possibly utilize the resources that worked for you.

Hmmmm

Just getting ahead of myself just a bit.

:)

Ralph

I know this information since my surgeon informs patients that they take pictures of the patient who may require plastic surgery. I'm fortunate that I don't require the surgery, but many people do. As a result of patients who have issues with their skin, there may be financial options that your surgeon may have available at their office, such as Financing the procedure. GE capitol is a carrier and many doctors utilize this as an alternative for payment if the patient's insurance wont cover the WLS itself or other procedures that are a "medical necessity".

Ok, thanks. It can get expensive from what I understand.

Lets see how it goes.

I will get back into the gym too.

I used to be a gym rat, but I burned out. The key to gym is good short (1/2 to 1 hour) sessions 3 times maybe 4 times a week; not everyday, which is what I was doing.

I used to be a weekend warrior, which entailed a workout in the morning, afternoon, and evening. That only happened if I was too tired during the week. Now I fit in a routine, usually strength training after dinner.

Thank you so much sheriec. I'll be submitting another video soon which will entail a TV appearance with my surgeon on Health Talk. Stay tuned. I'll announce it on my blog site. Linney

Care credit

Hi Ralph,

I just remembered the name of the company that many medical providers use for patients who want to finance their surgery. It's called CARE CREDIT.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Linney

Back