• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Freezing cold all time

Yes you will be cold all the time and the hot weather is often not your friend either!!!! I alaways have a sweater or blazar available to me to wear and short seleeves help too! Wearing natural fibers is often the best for staying cool! But watch the beaming sun during the winter that can make you sweat! You can easyly get dyhadrated!!! Even in 20 degree weather if you dress too warm!!!

Hi -

I'm 3 years post op and NEVER used to get cold. Now, since I've lost all my excess padding - I'm always cold. My wonderful redneck husband bought me a new car once I lost all the weight - a convertible. We've had it going on 2 years now and my husband loves to ride topless on the weekends. We've had some really nice weather here in the upper 60's. He puts the top down - I get in with my blanket and turn the heat on full blast. So yeah - all my fluff is gone so now I'm always cold....

Hi -

I'm 3 years post op and NEVER used to get cold. Now, since I've lost all my excess padding - I'm always cold. My wonderful redneck husband bought me a new car once I lost all the weight - a convertible. We've had it going on 2 years now and my husband loves to ride topless on the weekends. We've had some really nice weather here in the upper 60's. He puts the top down - I get in with my blanket and turn the heat on full blast. So yeah - all my fluff is gone so now I'm always cold....
I'm with you Tracey, I'm cold all the time, hubby makes sure I have a blanket in the car and bought me electric blankets for the livingroom and bedroom

I know the logic behind being cold, especially when it coincides with the surgery. But you should always consult a physician when you have a chronic problem like that. It could be something going on in your body that needs medical attention.

It's almost May, but despite that we are having a very late spring in MN. My wife recently bought me 4 heated blankets. One is on the bed that goes on top of my 2 other blankets(one of which is weighted and very warm). Another in my office where I am wrapped in it all day despite the thermostat outside my door reading 75. One on my couch and one packed away as a back up for when I burn one out.

Back