• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Frozen yogurt, ice cream or sherbet

Tori0127

Would ice cream, sherbet, or frozen yogurt be considered a solid or liquid? I think it may be a liquid since it melts in your mouth, but I'm not sure??

yes, they are all considered liquid, just as long as there aren't any pieces in it, such as fruit, chocolate chips, etc. I looked it up under full liquid diet and it came from a government web site. Just remember carbs, calories, etc... and how you can tolerate it, but I'm sure you know that.

in order for it to be considered a liquid it is supposed to be clear such as popsicles.

Anything milk is not considered a clear due to fat content... Milk is more of an emulsion type of liquid than it is a clear liquid.

Sorry off topic but StinkerBelle you are so close to onederland. Congrats

Now back to the topic at hand. According to my team these are considered to be full liquids in that it would fall in the category of soup in that it is food. May I suggest that if you are going to partake in ice-cream you consider making protein ice-cream. It is pretty good; the machine is a little expensive but having the final say in the ingredients makes it priceless.

Best wishes to all

Back