• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

gas pain

where is the pain? if it's abdominal I don't think there's anything you can do about it except use heat or ice applied to any painful areas. your surgeon is your best resource, but since you're describing pain, you really can't measure it. It's anecdotal and can't be scientifically tested.

I did use an enema for my abdominal gas & constipation post-op. it helped.

but if its muscle pain, it might be gas trying to escape through your skin. There's not much you can do about that.

Id be more concerned about the reflux. These are important questions for your doctor and/or surgeon. IMO you shouldn't be experiencing this kind of stuff at 9 months, so I'd definitely get an expert opinion because it may not be related to your surgery at all. you could have an ulcer or somethilelse. A lot of people go right to post-op complications when in fact, it's a medical condition that needs attention.

In any event, this is a medical question. I'd call and call and call my surgeon's office until I had a chance to talk to someone. I might also go to initial care or the ER if it's persistently painful.

Is there anything esle I can take besides gas x for gas pain??
I have tried everything and I called my surgeon but nothng yet.
im dealing with lots of reflux and now GAS pain im almost 9 months out.
any ideas??

Back