• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gastric Bypass cured my Diabetes

dominique

Hello,

I was a poorly controlled type 2 diabetic. My pre-op hgA1C was 10.8. That was with taking both oral, long acting insulin and sliding scale insulin. My blood sugars were still between 300-400. My post-op hgA1C is now 6! My blood sugars at in the low 100's! I feel so much better. Curing my diabetes was well worth the surgery.

Dominique-Congratulations for a job well done!!! I was also a type 2 diabetic pre-surgery. I was taken off metformin a few days before surgery and so far have been able to maintain an A1C level at 6.5 or lower :) Pre surgery I was around 8. I also feel better with more energy.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you are doing.

My surgeon thought I would be able to do without insulin after surgery. But I told him I had had the test on my panaceas that showed my panaceas was exhausted and no longer was producing insulin. I don't think he gave it much credence. But lo and behold I still need insulin post op. Of course not nearly as much because my food intake is sharply reduced. Most type II diabetics have a panaceas that is producing more than enough insulin, which you would fit in that category. Your one of the lucky ones.

Congratulations

Last edited:
Back