• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gastric sleeve scheduled for 10/28/14

I'm a little nervous but also anxious.

Yes, nervous and I also hope excited.

You will do fine. I see that you have worked hard pre-op to get some weight off; great.

IF you follow your post op regimen correctly, then you will be a much happier and lighter person a year from now. It is hard to believe how quickly the time goes by. I am sneaking up on my first anniversary 11/4/2014.

I went from 290 down to 197-199 within 8 months. I am at my goal and I have been on maintenance now for 3 months already and doing fine.

You will too.

Take this opportunity that the surgery gives to you to learn a new way of eating. You will no longer live to eat but rather you will eat to live.

Habits MUST change to be successful. Improved health and well being is the reward.

Ralph

I'm a little nervous but also anxious.

Yes, nervous and I also hope excited.

You will do fine. I see that you have worked hard pre-op to get some weight off; great.

IF you follow your post op regimen correctly, then you will be a much happier and lighter person a year from now. It is hard to believe how quickly the time goes by. I am sneaking up on my first anniversary 11/4/2014.

I went from 290 down to 197-199 within 8 months. I am at my goal and I have been on maintenance now for 3 months already and doing fine.

You will too.

Take this opportunity that the surgery gives to you to learn a new way of eating. You will no longer live to eat but rather you will eat to live.

Habits MUST change to be successful. Improved health and well being is the reward.

Ralph

Back