• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

General questions

Kstevens

Hi, I've just started my journey.
I talked with a nutritionists, and a physiologist. Have 3 more appointments to do this month. Was told today, a couple more nutrition appointments and physiologist appointments. So process has started! I'm anxious.
Where do I get the vitamins and when do I start taking them?

You can get your vitamins at a variety of places. I get mine from Amazon. Your doctor will advise you when to start your vitamins and calcium. I started vitamins and calcium a week before surgery and started them back 30 days post op, but not every surgeon does that. Mine does it that way because he found that the vitamins were causing people to have upset stomachs which could mask potential issues. He likes for his patients to wait until a lot of the surgical healing is complete to avoid issues.

Hi. Congrats on starting your journey. Seems like you have accomplished a lot already. I did not have to take vitamins until a week after surgery, so your team will definitely tell you when you need to start taking them.

Hi, I've just started my journey.
I talked with a nutritionists, and a physiologist. Have 3 more appointments to do this month. Was told today, a couple more nutrition appointments and physiologist appointments. So process has started! I'm anxious.
Where do I get the vitamins and when do I start taking them?
K, search the forum for vitamin and minetal explanations. There is a plethora of information there. Copy the names and brands and share it with your medical crew. This will help you choose.

Also, below the post area you will find a Resource sections. I authored one about supplements. Others here have written extensively about the choices they've made. I think we've done a great job on explaining this topic. Best of luck to you.

You can get your vitamins at a variety of places. I get mine from Amazon. Your doctor will advise you when to start your vitamins and calcium. I started vitamins and calcium a week before surgery and started them back 30 days post op, but not every surgeon does that. Mine does it that way because he found that the vitamins were causing people to have upset stomachs which could mask potential issues. He likes for his patients to wait until a lot of the surgical healing is complete to avoid issues.
Thank you!

K, search the forum for vitamin and minetal explanations. There is a plethora of information there. Copy the names and brands and share it with your medical crew. This will help you choose.

Also, below the post area you will find a Resource sections. I authored one about supplements. Others here have written extensively about the choices they've made. I think we've done a great job on explaining this topic. Best of luck to you.
Thank you!!

Back