• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

General timeline....

Dejavu108

I know we are all different as far as how long it takes to get a surgery date, however id like an idea so i dont dissapoint myself lol. I already attended mandatory orientation, and i have my new patient evaluation on thursday (dietician, psychologist, and doc). I dont forsee any hurdles for insurance....my BMI is 41 and i have no comorbidities......and my insurance does not require a 6 month trial diet by an MD. Any thoughts???

Sorry this is such a vague question.....

Hi Dejavu,

I know every center is different and some are busier than others. My center took about 2 months total, but I had some other testing that had to be done due to my age etc. I attended the Seminar in January and just about two months later I was being discharged from the hospital. I had two sessions with the nutritionist, two sessions with the doctor, one with the psychologist, and two with the cardiologist. All those appointments were given to me at one time, along with the tentative surgery date depending on the results. I had to pass a nutrition test in order to be okayed for the surgery, had to have a stress test, and an EGD (take a peek at the stomach through the mouth). If I hadn't needed all the testing it probably would have been a bit sooner. It also depends on how busy your surgeon happens to be and when they can fit you in. Good luck and hope you get a date pretty quickly. posted on your progress and good luck on your journey.

It took me about 3 to 4 months start to surgery, it seemed like it took longer though, I didn't have any supervised deit like that but it just took time to schedule all the pre op testing requirements and then it was only two or three weeks wait when I scheduled the surgery. :cool: Tom

Back