• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting closer and nervous

Christian

I have a set surgery date and this coming Wend I have my 2 week pre opt visit. I was nervous a few months ago when I knew I was approved, but now I am freaking out. Going through stages of stress, and anxiety. Especially hearing some stories of the pre opt liquid diet, and to make it worse I'm affraid of needles so I know that is my my very near future.

I have a set surgery date and this coming Wend I have my 2 week pre opt visit. I was nervous a few months ago when I knew I was approved, but now I am freaking out. Going through stages of stress, and anxiety. Especially hearing some stories of the pre opt liquid diet, and to make it worse I'm affraid of needles so I know that is my my very near future.
I can relate to the anxiousness for sure. I have my pre-op this week too. I think what is keeping me from freaking out is that I know this is the best decision for me to get my life and health back on track. The thoughts of the future are what is pushing me thru.

As someone on the other side of surgery, granted mine was a bypass, I can say it is going to be okay! :) It is perfectly normal to be anxious. Try to focus on the reason your doing this - to get healthy! You can do this! :D

It is pretty normal to be nervous before surgery. I certainly was and I am an RN! I am still just new to this whole thing but I am sure it is all worth it. I am looking forward to my thinner future with a hope I haven't felt in a long time. Hang in there. There are people who can help you and encourage you.

If you weren’t nervous, there’d be something wrong with you. :) I was so nervous that I made myself sick. I look back and laugh now. Yes, the pre op diet sucks, but the reason you are doing it makes it so worth it.

Hey Christian!

You totally got this!

DEFINITELY sending light your way.. Remember your why! And you'll do just fine.

Back