• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

getting closer to requirements?

lacey

Today is my second day on this site. I am thinking that I am going to come here everyday to see how everyone is doing, and to learn how to navigate the site:rolleyes: I had my cardio doc appt. today, that went well. I need to go this Friday for a stress test and the following Friday for an ultrasound (heart) test. if all goes well with those 2 tests, I should be cleared. I do not see a problem, I believe docs just want to make sure I will be okay.
The waiting is so hard. I have been ready for this for sooo long now that I just want to shout "hey, enough already! Do the darn surgery!"
Tiffany Lioness, how are you today? Are you still strong girl?:D

Lacey, in terms of the remainder of your life, this is just a short time. Have patience, your day will come and when it does, you'll be ready. The journey since surgery has wiped out all the memory of the time it took for me to get the surgery. Now I'm looking forward and continue working towards my goals in life. Soon enough you'll be joining the BIG LOSERS club.

Frank

:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks Frank, I know it will all come soon enough. The weight certainly did not get here overnight and the process for the requirements takes long too. I guess I just wasn't expecting the stress test and the echo. There wasn't anything wrong with my ekg, so I am assuming this is added precaution. Just anxious to start my friend. xo

Hi Lacey I Know The Feeling ..It Feels Like I Waited A Lifetime For My Surgery But It's Finally Going To Happen..And Before You Know It Will Happen For You ! Be Strong Have Faith ! xx

:phad my stress test today, feeling a little green around the edges. I sure did not care for the chemicals that they shoot into the IV after the radiation. the one that stimulates the heart. good grief. the nurse kept asking how I felt. I felt like I should barf and as if my neck was going to explode. thank goodness that part of the test only for 5 minutes.
when the nurse flushed my IV with saline, I asked her why she had to do that. I was told that it is done for people who are inactive and can't walk on the treadmill. now I don't mean this in offense to anyone when I say this, but I walk my dog 4 miles a day! I think I could have handled her treadmill! anyway, that part is over and I was told it looked fine. I will be called on Monday with the results of the pictures that were taken of my heart, with the radiation that was also put into my body today. the whole point of me telling you guys this is, I look and feel green, and this is the night my sweet hubby snaps my pic and uploads my avatar photo! yikes!xo lacey

All of the results of the stress test came back that there is nothing wrong with my heart in that aspect...I could have told the doctors that much. So tomorrow is the ECHO (gram) of my heart, which I am certain will also be fine. That is hopefully the last step, in this step in repeat trail to the surgery. I have my appointment with the surgeon 1st week in May. I am still hopeful for a surgery date of May something.
My visit for the sleep apnea went well. I do need to go to the sleep clinic to spend the night, but it will not hinder the surgery according the apnea doctor.
It truly helps to read everyone's aspiring stories on here and to hear how well they are doing. It does give me the strength to keep true to the fact that this will happen for me.
The weight has taken a long time to get here, at least this wait will not be as long.
For me it really does help to be able to say how I feel on this site. The only person that I can talk to about it is my husband. He is the only one, other than my son, that knows that I am going to be having the surgery. My son doesn't get it. He still see's his mom at 130lbs. My son doesn't see the health issues that I am starting to deal with.
Everyone else that is in my family or that I am friends with, would see this as a copout. An easy way out. As me giving up. They would say, "but if you just don't eat, you will be able to drop 20 or 30 lbs. We did it all of the time".
That is so true. I used to do those kind of things. For years, I did that stupid stuff. I could drop 10 or 15 pounds so fast. Now I cant. now I if I lose 5 pounds I gain 7 in return. I don't see this as a copout, but my family, I wont even try to explain it to them. :)xo lacey

hi lacey, you r a couple months ahead of me,i just started this journey. I had my first apt with the sergen i will b going to the sleep center to set an apt fort he sleep study then the upper gi sometime within the next 3 months. Im excited i have found this site, i have alot to learn how to get around in here. I will b watching ur posts. By the way i havent told my family either, i know what u mean. Gool luck. God bless.

Last edited:
Hi Lacey,
Don't worry about what others think. People misunderstand weight loss surgery. They think it's the "easy way out," when in reality, it's really a "tool." I think that because there are now more and more people having it, more people will eventually have a better understanding and realize you can still gain weight back if you don't eat healthy and work out...just like anyone else! The difference is that most people cannot be successful in losing large amounts of weight and keep it off without a tool like surgery.

When I decided to have surgery, I talked to my husband and mother first. Both are supportive of any decision that will make me healthier! My supervisor knows I had surgery, but not what for. Other than that, I told two people at work who are in my office. One of those co-workers has a wife who just had surgery last summer, so I knew he'd understand the process. I also told two of my best friends, my sister, and my husband's immediate family. That's it! I just decided that my life and personal health is no one's business but mine and I don't feel the need to explain anything or discuss it in detail with others. Now that I've lost 70 pounds and people are saying to me, "you've lost weight!" I'm just smiling and saying "yes, I'm trying or I'm working on it!" Some will ask "how" and since I don't want my life becoming office gossip, I just tell them most of the truth: I eat a lot of protein, low sugar, low fat, low calorie, high fiber, drink lots of water, work out 30 minutes 5 days per week, and I'm working with my doctor and a dietician. Most don't ask me how I lost weight, they just say "good for you!" :D

karan, thank you for the well wishes. Good luck with your journey. It takes awhile to get things rolling. I am now just waiting for my insurance approval....so any day now. More like any week now. Still haven't mentioned it to anyone else either. Undecided on that, really don't feel like getting flack or crap. If I knew everyone would be positive, I would tell them. I try to remain positive, even when I don't feel so positive. So, good luck to both of us! Lacey

Back