• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting down to 170, any advise?

I am down to 140, and feeling great, just have alot of extra skin, but it does hide well under my clothes, I'm not looking forward to wearing a bathing suit this summer, but it is not like anyone is going to know me in the Bahamas lol,. I can't afford to have it removed at this time and my insurance won't pay for it because I don't get sore, but someday

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure the feeling of being 140 outweighs the extra skin. Good going. How long has it been since your surgery?
I'm doing good, but it is definitely tough, I am stuck, and not taking it to well, having sugar craving. Driving me nuts, I really want to hit my goal ans get stuck there, I'm not giving up

I'm doing good, but it is definitely tough, I am stuck, and not taking it to well, having sugar craving. Driving me nuts, I really want to hit my goal ans get stuck there, I'm not giving up
No don't give up and please don't beat yourself up for struggling with those cravings. Have you found a sugar free alternative or can you do a fruit filled protein shake to curb the craving. I love using frozen mixed berries with a tablespoon of Greek yogurt with almond milk and protein in the blender. Have it every morning and find it truly satisfying for sweet cravings.

I am going to work on finding something else to put in my mouth, tea used to help. I may have to go back to that, with some fake sugar in it. I have been trying to drink tea but without any sweetener in it and it is not doing the trick , thank you for the encouragement, it's nice to know someone is listening

Reaching for a new goal on the second half of my journey. Anyone out there at or under 170. Like to hear from you.
Yes I'm down to139 lbs only 19 to 9 lbs to goal weight. My starting weight when I start the program was 227 lbs but does not include the 58 lbs I lost before I first started the program on 1-27-2017. I will be one year post op on May 2, 2017.

Back