• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting Frusterated

ck9779

Surgery is 30 days out and I hate EVERYTHING in my closet except for 2 tops. It is very aggravating. Everyone is giving me cash for Christmas to buy pieces that I will need shortly after surgery and then further out but I hate what I have to wear now!!

Patience, drop a few sizes then you give all of the hated clothing to a women's center or an inpatient mental health facility. Either or the ladies at both places coulf use the clothing.

Also remember, don't go and buy new clothes until you hit your goal weight. Every town has resale shops where you can go and get smaller sizes and some will take your old clothes and give you a discount at the register.

I can relate. I had been planning for surgery for almost 3 years, so decided not to buy any new clothes. Believe me, after 3 years the closet was looking pretty ragged and I couldn't stand it anymore. I started by replacing some underwear and bras and that made me feel a whole lot better. When I started losing I replaced a few items and it felt so good to have something new in a size that actually fit. I'm not buying much, because I'm not at my goal weight, but right now all the size 22s and 20s are gone and I have enough 16 and 18s to get me through a week of work. Some clothes don't look bad if they're a little bit big, but there's a point where you look like a gangsta with pants falling around the knees.
Recently I had to get out a fancy outfit to go to a Christmas party, put the skirt on that I wore to the last one, and it fell to the floor. Ha! What a rush! But it was an expensive piece of clothing that I wasn't going to replace and wear for just a few hours, so I got out some elastic and put it inside the band. It worked and the skirt didn't fall off!
I've also heard that your shoe size can decrease with weight loss, so don't load up on a bunch of new shoes just in case.

Yeah I have been warned about the shoe thing which my feet just got bigger with pregnancy (boo!!). I think what really frusterates me is that my son's db (dead beat) took off with everything I owned including a huge closet full of clothes spanning from a size 32 down to a size 20! Sticking me with a basket of maternity clothes

Now is now... tomorrow is always waiting with better and brightness. Keeping it positive will make you victorious!

I think what really frusterates me is that my son's db (dead beat) took off with everything I owned including a huge closet full of clothes spanning from a size 32 down to a size 20! Sticking me with a basket of maternity clothes

Sadly that Deadbeat was your choice, not your son's.. That man is your son's father, the way you treat him is the way your son will expect to be treated.
What happened between adults needs to be and should be kept between the 2 adults who made the choice to be together.

Aww come on ck is just venting. Probably hit a nerve or two. We've all been there. Stinkerbell, she didn't say anything about her son, so don't project. Let's keep this supportive, ok? Ck don't worry about how you look now, we're all beautiful and soon we'll have clothes to match. Best wishes & a speedy recovery, you looser. ;-D

This "man" disappeared with everything I owned. In the entire 9 months of my son's life this db has not bought one diaper, not paid for 1 cent of day care and the only correspondence he's had was a long email telling me how much of a B**** I am and in that email not one time asked how his son was doing. I love my awesome son with all my heart and he deserves a father not a jackass. I keep neutral around my son because I want him to come to his own conclusions. It kills me that we were in a serious relationship and living together talking about getting married and then he cheated and disappeared.

i'm down 7 pant sizes and one shoe size. I by some stuff at the used stores but buy most online on the clearance site. I search $10 or less! Okay the shoe think I splurged big time. I needed boots and dress shoes and I am not wearing used shoes because everyone's foot is different. I feel so much better in cloths that fit and shoes that I don't walk out of while working out. It is worth it to have one great looking suit of cloths for those blahh days. Just trade them to the consignment store or get into a cloths trade with people in your local support group.

Good luck and best wishes to all.

Ck been there with the db dad. Its hard but just look forward to the new and improved you. Think about your beautiful little one and don't look back. GL and keep us posted.

i'm down 7 pant sizes and one shoe size. I by some stuff at the used stores but buy most online on the clearance site. I search $10 or less! Okay the shoe think I splurged big time. I needed boots and dress shoes and I am not wearing used shoes because everyone's foot is different. I feel so much better in cloths that fit and shoes that I don't walk out of while working out. It is worth it to have one great looking suit of cloths for those blahh days. Just trade them to the consignment store or get into a cloths trade with people in your local support group.
R
Good luck and best wishes to all.

WOW.. you doing so great!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! :)

I think the frustration is because I know that I just have 27 days until my surgery and I am getting antsy. I think I might buy some stuff in smaller sizes because I bought clothes that fit before I got pregnant and they are already too big. If I put anything in my jeans pockets they start working their way down.

Sounds like you are having a boohoo-woohoo moment on many levels; lost weight/woohoo, nothing fits/boohoo. Is this an oxymoron?

lol that pretty much sums it up. I know I will need smaller clothes and I am just itching to buy some lol. I have been stalking sales on various websites and stores. If I find a cute pair of jeans or a cute top for $5-6 that's a few sizes smaller Im getting it.

LOL yeah right.. I will so be wearing those when we visit my husbands family in Louisiana, for Mardi Gras, LSU games and Saints games... :)

Back