• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting ready

Kathi_S

I am trying to be prepared for anything I might need post-op, such as 2 oz cups to keep track of fluid intake, baby spoons for small bites, ninja blender to puree stuff, protein shakes and protein water.

I am considering getting 4 oz baby food containers that are freezable and dishwasher safe. Did any of you use these? Is it worth the money? I'm thinking I'll get plenty of use out of them.

Any other essentials I am missing? My surgery isn't due until August but I want to be ready.

Thanks,

Kathi

I still use 1/2 cup tupperware every day and I will be a year post op tomorrow. I think 4oz jars are a great investment. Sounds like you're pretty prepared otherwise. Keep in mind your taste may change post op and you might not like the same protein drinks you do now. So I would suggest getting some sweet and some savory protein substitutes, like soups or unflavored protein powder. Some people find the shakes way too sweet after surgery.

Thanks! I'm considering the souper cubes. If I had more freezer space, I'd have ordered them yesterday! I understand about taste changes after surgery. Right now I'm only getting flavors both my husband and I both enjoy. He's really loving the smoothies I've been making him with yogurt, frozen berries, kale, chard, spinach, milk and protein powder.

I have to admit I find it very hard to eat a smoothie slow. I am working on it though.

Back