• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting really scared............

jduffy

I mailed my questionnaire on January 28 to Georgia. Went to Cleveland Clinic on January 30. At the seminar they told us we would hear about our acceptance or denial within 10 to 14 days. I'm getting really scared that I haven't heard from them. Does that mean they rejected me for the bariatric surgery? I'm really going crazy not hearing from them. HELP ME, PLEASE.
jduffy:(:confused:

Take a deep breath, then another. The mail could just be held up by the weather. I would give it a few more days. They are probably also going by business days. Hopefully you will hear from them soon. If you haven't heard from them by say, next week or so, give them a call and find out. Best of luck! :)

I mailed my questionnaire on January 28 to Georgia. Went to Cleveland Clinic on January 30. At the seminar they told us we would hear about our acceptance or denial within 10 to 14 days. I'm getting really scared that I haven't heard from them. Does that mean they rejected me for the bariatric surgery? I'm really going crazy not hearing from them. HELP ME, PLEASE.

Give them a call and ask why you haven't heard from them. It is probably the weather or someone is on vacation or something. I would think they would contact both the people who are accepted and rejected too. It could have even got lost in the mail, that does happen sometimes. Good Luck!!!

Hi! Did you hear anything about your surgery??

This is a thought for you the next time around.

Whenever I mail something really important I send it USPS priority mail. it is worth the $5.00 to know that the mail/package got to its destination.

Then you can call with a certainty that they have the materials since such and such a date.

I hate not knowing too. And yes, sometimes with all this miserable weather the mail is delayed or even worse doesn't get there.

I would allow to the end of this month and then call someone.

Do you have a number?

In fact, there is nothing wrong with calling now. What am I thinking anyway?

Ralph

Back